Note 3 Gear 2 Gear Manager Not Downloading Samsung Apps
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received my gear 2 yesterday.  It seems that I cannot download any apps from the Samsung app store that is located inside gear manager.  When I try to, lets say, click on a clock, it looks like it will download, gets the download status bar, but then glitches away, comes back, and glitches away again, for good.  This all takes place in a span of about 1-2 seconds.  Happens in all areas of the Samsung app store inside of gear manager.  Any Ideas??  I was really wanting to do some development in Tizen but I am slightly concerned with all the random issues I am seeing with this......again.

I have:

uninstalled updates on gear manager

re-installed updates on gear manager

restarted the phone

factory reset the phone

restarted gear 2

factory reset gear 2

I even asked it, nicely, to just please work...

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 Gear 2 Gear Manager Not Downloading Samsung Apps
sineresonance
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's because it requires 4.4 or later to work correctly.

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I have bought a $700 phone and a $300 watch that won't work right because my wireless provider will not let me update?

sineresonance
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty much. I was in the Verizon Corporate store a few days ago asking the same question. The person I deal with is a friend of mine and he was explaining to me that the new Gear requires 4.4 or higher to work correctly. He even admitted that Verizon pushed out the new Gear without the support requirements from the Note 3 because it's currently on 4.3 and the Gear runs on 4.4 or higher. I asked him when the update will be pushed to us Note 3 users and he couldn't give me a date but did tell me that it is in testing. Pretty crappy business practice on Verizon's behalf.

Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I decided to update my device myself.  Now my $1000+  worth of equipment finally works right.  Gear 2 works perfect, and Google camera is really awesome.  NO ISSUES AT ALL & NO BLOATWARE

Screenshot_2014-05-06-16-28-23.png

sineresonance
Enthusiast - Level 3

Isn't that garbage that we have to install leaked version to get the gear 2 to work that was designed for these phones? Get your act together Verizon!!! I read somewhere today that 4.5 will be released in July.  So if they've waited this long, we might not see 4.4.2 OTA.

NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

I have had my Gear 2 Neo since 4/15. My Note 3 is still on 4.3, stock, and I have had no problems installing apps whatsoever on the Gear 2 Neo. All that was required was to download an updated version of the Gear Manager from Samsung Apps (currently running version 2.0.14041404). Inside Gear Manager when I go to Samsung Apps > Menu button > Purchased > All - the apps I installed still say "Install" next to them like the need to be installed, but they all work.

This does not require 4.4 at all to work, otherwise it would have been plastered all over the place like when the original Gear came out and it required 4.3 to work.

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I appreciate they fact that yours works, here is what Samsung had to say, and what consequently swayed my decision to do it myself.

Email transcript removed as required by the

Guess your one of the lucky ones??

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

Well despite that, I find it rather strange that Samsung wouldn't be advertising it as only compatible with 4.4.2. The original Galaxy Gear had it all over the place that you needed 4.3 to use all of the features. Maybe there is a slight difference other than build quality and camera between the Gear 2 Neo/Gear 2? I'm glad you got it working now.

You know it wouldn't be the first time a customer service rep got something wrong. That'd never happen in this industry.

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So apparently the moderator believes I am in violation of the TOS for posting "Private Correspondence".  They even provided a link to the TOS. Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  So I went over to take a look, and would you believe that I cannot find a single line in the entire TOS that says you cannot post "Private Correspondence"....  (discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service) The supervisor told me exactly what to do, I have asked the moderator to rethink their actions, as I don't like to cause people to have a coaching session, but I dislike, even more, being told that regulations exist that simply do not.

To re-post what was supposedly a violation, Samsung says the watch works with 4.3 but is fully compatible with 4.4.  They went on to further say they had no idea when Verizon was going to release 4.4.  The supervisor I spoke with today, who happens to be in the Technical Support department, confirmed that also...still no idea if/when it will be out.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes