Note 3 MMS sent/received constant failure/3 days late
davidbtwo

I have a Note 3 and since the 4.4.4 update, or somewhere around that time, my phone has been near unable to receive MMS.  Most times the MMS just sit in a permanent state of downloading or failed to download.  When I'm lucky the messages come in 20 minutes to 3 days late.  From what I can tell online my APN settings are just messed up from the last update, but the APN settings are locked and I can't change them to fix it (unlike every other carrier).  I have done a factory reset, pulled the battery, and pulled the battery and SIM card for 15 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 MMS sent/received constant failure/3 days late
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have MMS working on your phone, davidbtwo. I want to make sure we get this back on the right track. Are you connected to wi-fi when you are trying to receive picture messages? Are you able to receive/send picture messages if you are on the Verizon Wireless network without any issues? Also, are you using the default text message application or a 3rd party application from the Google Play Store? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
davidbtwo

Before I factory reset the phone I had tried both wifi on and wifi off but neither seemed to help.  I have tried the default SMS messenger, hangouts, google messenger and nothing helped.  After the factory reset (and sim card/battery pull) I used strictly the built-in SMS app and the same issues were present.  Right now I am using Google Messenger for SMS/MMS, but it doesn't make a difference.

Sending and receiving picture messages would qualify as MMS, just as any group message would, and I can't send them without a large delay (minutes, hours, or days in some cases) while on Verizon's network (4G and 3G).  SMS works fine as far as I can tell.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidbtwo

Let's get your camera rolling. Are you able to receive picture messages? What message do you see when you send the picture message?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
davidbtwo

I am able to send and receive there is just a delay of minutes, hours, or days.  From what I can tell from other people my sending messages are working OK.  I see sent when I send out an MMS.  I've verified that they receive the message.

The problem is me receiving the MMS messages.  From what I can tell if the queue of messages is nothing then I get messages with 5 minute delay.  If I have a slew of messages coming in (I.E. group message where people are replying to each other) then it can take hours to days depending on the amount.  I can tell how many messages are trying to download because the default messenger (and Google Messenger) show in the SMS for that person when they've sent a message that is trying to download.  Sometimes when I check I can see it trying to download 10+ messages for multiple people.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidbtwo-

We want to get you back in business. I sent you a private message so we can trouble shoot further.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Post-monster

Has there been a fix to this? I have the exact same problem on my S5.

0 Likes