Note 3 Photos/Gallery broken after Android 4.4.4 VVRUDNJ6 install
majwilsonlion

Verizon pushed Android 4.4.4 VVRUDNJ6 onto my Note 3 last night.  Now Skype doesnt work (fixed after reinstall).  Verizon Security doesnt work (dont know how to reinstall).  Worst, all photos in Gallery are unviewable. The camera works, but cant load neither old or new pics to view on the phone. The pics are seen in the Files. Problem exists for photos stored on phone and card.  Music stored on card is not messed up.  And movies stored on card can be watched, but the thumbnail pics are not loadable/seen.  This is horrible before the holidays when you want to take many pictures.  What is the fix, Verizon?!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 3 Photos/Gallery broken after Android 4.4.4 VVRUDNJ6 install
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

majwilsonlion

Thank you for your feedback. Samsung has provided the following information after an investigation.

The best option to revert you photo viewing experience is to restore your device using a personal computer with the Software Repair Assistant tool and preserving your data in the process.

Alternatively you can remove corporate email account and then decrypt the device which will fix the issue. Then encrypt the device again if necessary (if re-adding corporate account)

Steps to Remove corporate email:

-Settings > Accounts > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync > select the corporate account > select option menu > remove account

Steps to decrypt the device

- Settings > Security > Decrypt phone (you must have 80% or above battery charged)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

majwilsonlion, we want you to have the best experience possible on your device! Let's make sure that you don't miss a picture moment for the holidays on your device! The software update may be conflicting with 3rd party application software that has been downloaded to your device. Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving that update?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you uninstall any unwanted applications on your device in Settings, as well. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

majwilsonlion

Thank you for your feedback. Samsung has provided the following information after an investigation.

The best option to revert you photo viewing experience is to restore your device using a personal computer with the Software Repair Assistant tool and preserving your data in the process.

Alternatively you can remove corporate email account and then decrypt the device which will fix the issue. Then encrypt the device again if necessary (if re-adding corporate account)

Steps to Remove corporate email:

-Settings > Accounts > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync > select the corporate account > select option menu > remove account

Steps to decrypt the device

- Settings > Security > Decrypt phone (you must have 80% or above battery charged)

0 Likes
Albierock

I have the same issue with my note 3 since the 4.4.4 update. . All my pictures are only gray squares. Not only in my gallery app, but also in several 3rd party apps like Instagram, which just force closes.  9gag which shows blank images .  The Chive also blank images. My phone also decharges significantly faster, where before it would last a 10 hour work day with 20% to spare, now it's dead by lunch time. My notifications are silent, despite the setting being set to loudest. Im extremely frustrated, this is my 3rd android phone and each I've had for the full 2 years, but this one is making me mad!

0 Likes
maurilax

I am experiencing a very similar issue. I had both my internal and external SD cards encrypted and after the 4.4.4 update most of the pictures on my external sd card are corrupt. it seems like a permissions issue. At this point I have unencrypted the device and the external sd card but the images still show as corrupt.

0 Likes