Re: Note 3 Poor Service
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

My build date says 13.09. So September 2013.

It's definitely one of the earliest ones. So I think it's a hardware issue.

But it seems like Verizon Wireless Customer Support has decided to stop replying after I did what they wanted.

Can someone from Verizon Wireless Customer Support respond? What should I do next? I've done a factory reset, compared my signal with my wife's Note 3, and got a new SIM card. My reception is still bad and I keep dropping calls and data at home. This is definitely a hardware issue.

sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

They don't want to hear from us.   We paid our $300+ for the Note 3 less than a year ago and they'd rather tire is out with these bogus fixes until we all decide to let them off the hook by purchasing new phones.  They need to take customer service lessons from Nordstroms.   But,  that would cost them money wouldn't it?  Since we know they know there is a problem with these phones, they should acknowledge the problem and send us an OTA update immediately or give us full credit towards the purchase of the Note 4.  But,  that would cost them money as well.  Profit over Good Costumer Service rules at VZW.

0 Likes
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

@sohappy1 I honestly doubt a OTA would fix our issues. It's a hardware issue but they just like to ignore the fact that a lot of the Note 3's have signal issues.

If you look at this forum for the Note 3, 6 out of 10 forum posts are about bad reception and signal. This should obviously send up red flags but they just reply with canned messages. Verizon Wireless Customer Support Look at any of the other forums (S5, G3, Note 2, etc..). No other community has so many posts about bad reception and signal issues.

My next step is the dreaded trek to the store. I hate going to the store as it takes years to get any done there.

sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

True

0 Likes
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW knows,  they just don't care!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sohappy1,

I see from previous post that you have already replaced the SIM card and factory reset the device. So sorry that did not do the trick! Looks like we need to do some more advanced troubleshooting. From your home screen, press the menu button in the lower left under the screen and touch “Settings.” In the Settings menu select “More Settings” and then touch “Mobile networks.” Make sure there is a check mark for Mobile data. Under that is “Global Data Roaming Access” touch that and select “Allow access for all trips” for the purpose of troubleshooting. Next select “Network Mode” and ensure it is set to LTE/CDMA.

Next power the device off. Press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.  In the recovery menu select wipe cache partition. (Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Once completed, Select reboot system now. Once the device powers back on dial #832 to connect to the network. Let us know how the signal is.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll give it a try.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I would try the advise provided by BrianP. If that doesn't work...

I would research the issue on the web. While I can't provide you the name of the site, maybe Verizon will allow me posting the suggestion to Google the following:

note3 reception radio band4

and to read the thread of the most current date to see what other users discovered

In this case, I don't think it productive to fault VZW. It appears Samsung has either some low-level HW and/or SW issues with the radios in the Note3 that hasn't been working well with KitKat and their network. Only by getting newer build devices did these users find and improvement in reception.

Frankly, a device that doesn't connect appropriately to their network is not a functioning phone, and you'd think they'd help you out of that device and into one that works reliably since they authorized the distribution of the operating system update that was supposed to make your device better than what it was, not cripple it.

hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Isn't the cache partition wiped when a factory reset is done?

Any software related issues would be resolved during the factory reset.

Anyways, wiping the cache partition was one of the first things I tried because I didn't want to have to setup my phone again. Didn't resolve anything.

@sohappy1 At least they are replying to you. LOL

stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes I think an FDR accomplishes the same and more.

Unless you get a device with a newer build date, or they provide a patch specifically designed to correct the problem (if that's even possible), likely no amount of FDRs, clearing/wiping cache, running in SAFE mode, or changing other settings is going to help you.