Re: Note 3 Poor Service
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your suggestion did not change my connection.   My VZW Blackberry works great and my husband's VZW S4 works great as well.  My Note 3 is useless.   SMH

0 Likes
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

, I wish I could "Like" your last statement more than once.

0 Likes
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do we force Verizon to give us a new phone with 2014 build date?

sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

They will not learn until we leave them.  Then and only then will they ask that useless question, why did you leave.  I have one year left on my contract and I'm contemplating paying the early penalty and leaving.  I will also switch my cable, home telephone and Internet.

0 Likes
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Samsung directly tonight and they said they would not replace my phone but I could send it in and they could attempt to repair it but I would be without a phone for about 2 weeks.  I run my business with this phone.  I can't be without it for a day let alone for 2 weeks and it works fine as long as I am at my desk and not on the road.... basically a stationary phone.   So then he suggested I take it to a Best Buy and have them do a software re-flash on it?  Has anyone tried this?  And by the way, the tech at Samsung said they were aware that there were issues with the Note 3 and they were working to correct it, but it is a tedious process between the carrier (Verizon), Android and Samsung.

sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I knew it!  At least Samsung acknowledged there is a known problem unlike @verizonwirelesscustomerservice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nhyunjpark, Sorry for any delay in response. I see that replacing the SIM card did not resolve the issue. Try this, power the device off. Press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.  In the recovery menu select wipe cache partition. (Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Once completed, Select reboot system now. Once the device powers back on dial #832 to connect to the network. Let us know how the signal is.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sohappy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

, that does not work!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

NotaMobilePhone: Really like your username... It's worth a shot talking to BestBuy (it's a very odd suggestion, but kind of telling. Maybe they can put on a different OS, or change the firmware for the radio)... Was there a fee to do this? If this is going to cost you some money (and it is no matter what you do probably)... if it were me, I'd purchase a new or used phone off eBay with a clean ESN branded for VZW to use as a backup. While I used that, I would turn around and send in my phone to Samsung to have it serviced.

There is probably no "FREE" in your situation, but if you run a business with your phone and you rely on it, you simply must resolve your situation and minimize your losses, even if it's going to cost you. And for you, you should have a backup...

I would document everything I did, from the initial SIM card change, FDR, calls to VZW, Research. call to Samsung, purchase temp phone, cost to send to the OEM... Be documented.

Samsung has to do something for you if it is under Warranty. Is it under Warranty?

Did you purchase the device with a credit card that has a policy of extending warranty by a year? For example, AMEX does this. Your card may also. Possibly a way to get your device replaced with something that works.

0 Likes
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought my phone at Costco on a Costco credit card with Costco Square Trade extended warranty in October 2013. It started acting up in May? I called Square Trade first and they told me if it's a mobile network/hardware issue that it was covered under the initial manufacturer warranty and I needed to talk to Verizon.  I called Verizon.   They had me try several things over the phone then gave up and told me to take it to one of their stores or send it in.  I went to my local Verizon store.  They did a factory reset.  I lost some of my stuff and it did nothing to improve the dropped call issue. I went back to the Verizon store and said enough is enough and requested a new phone with a 2014 build date.  They said because I bought the phone at Costco. And that it was still under manufacturer warranty so I should call Samsung and they would exchange my Note 3 for one with a 2014 build date.  So I called Samsung and they said they NEVER replace phones. They only repair them if I send it in and it would take at least 2 weeks. I'm not confident they will fix it and don't want to go that long without the phone so that is when they suggested taking it to Best Buy Samsung Experience center and asking them to do a Re-flash.   Sigh...  I have an old Motorola razor I could use temporarily but the battery life is only about 3 hours between charges. That's why I bought the Note 3 to begin with!  I just wondered if anyone had tried the Best Buy route with results or if I should send it to Samsung ? Or start all over at Costco?  All I know for sure is Verizon is NO help at all. I really don't have time for any of this. I simply want what I am paying for...a mobile phone that actually works as a mobile phone... not a stationary phone that is simply a brick in my purse when I'm on the go!