Re: Note 3 Poor Service
stef7
Master - Level 2

I believe, according to the Costco / Square Trade Extended Warranty, you are entitled to receive next-day replacements. Or there is servicing available at a local repair shop or Genius Bar (don't know what that is).

Read your warranty information thoroughly.

Also read Samsung's Warranty thoroughly. You can start here.

http://www.squaretrade.com/smartphone-warranty

http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/consumer/mobile-phones/galaxy-note/galaxy-note/SM-N9000ZWMTPA

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I went into the Verizon store. Told them I'm having issues with reception. Told them about dropped calls/data and within a few minutes she finished ordering another Note 3 for me. I used to dread going to the Verizon store because of long wait times and how everything took forever to take care of.

But they seem to have made the process more efficient. They use iPads to do the customer support.

My advice go to the store. No amount of posting here is going to help. They are just playing games with us.

Basic Script:

I'm having issues with my phone.

Getting dropped calls and data all the time.

Other people around me don't have any issues.

Tried factory reset and changing the SIM. Nothing helps.

What also might help is talking to the manager. When I walked in he was at the front of the store so I explained my issue to him and set me up with another CSR to input my exchange.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried all of this and talked to the manager at Verizon and she told me to call Samsung.... Samsung told me to go back to Verizon or go to Best Buy.... and around and around we go.  I called SquareTrade again today, which is my insurance company for the phone who originally told me that it was an issue that should be covered under the manufacturers warranty and I should go through Verizon so it did not cost me the deductible.  I gave up today... Uncle already... I paid the insurance company the deductible and they are sending me a refurbished Note3 today.  I should receive it tomorrow.  Hopefully this one will work.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

stef7
Master - Level 2

One wonders why one VZW store would help their customer, and another would not. By any chance did you go to a retail instead of a corporate store? Generally the best bet is going to a corporate store.

Maybe the manager at the other store was more customer centric. Maybe he/she was personally better informed, possibly personally experienced the issue, or had helped several others with it.

Who knows.

Look at the build date of the replacement phone (under the battery). Report your experience. I'm hopeful. Possibly you could contact VZW and ask for a concession on your service for a month to cover the cost of the deductable.

It's shameful really.

BTW, I enjoyed your web-site while your personal information remained in your post. I'm sure a moderator will clip is Susie. Hoping you luck. S.

0 Likes
genXeration
Enthusiast - Level 1

My girlfriend and I both have Note 3 devices (10/2013 builds).  At first, they worked great.  Inside of our home we consistently had download speeds of 20 Mbps; however, something happened last March to change this.  Presently, we're lucky to get 0.3 Mbps.  Call quality has diminished as well and we have both experience dropped calls within our home since March.  Since I work from home 75% of the time, this is a huge concern.  I just don't understand how I had 4G LTE service one morning and later that evening I could barely get 3G.  I have noticed connection issues in many other areas also while using my Note 3. For example, a coworker that sits next to me has an iPhone with Verizon. We can stand side-by-side and my coworker gets 15 Mbps downloads while I am unable to get even 1 Mbps with my Note 3.  There is definitely an issue with the Note 3.  Verizon keeps telling me that my home is in a marginal coverage area.  If so, why do other phones work without an issue in my home?  Why did the service work great with my Note 3 until March?  I really hope Verizon or Samsung will get to the bottom of this problem. It's frustrating to purchase a premium smart phone and experience these types of connection issues.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I think when they rolled out KK, they enabled the XLTE / Band4 capability of the device, and people are speculating this band does not penetrate buildings as well as the previous band that carried LTE traffic. Supposedly, it also consumes more energy to transmit bits, hence more battery use.

However, in these older Samsung devices, it seems their radios are not playing properly with the operating system.

Hence, people reporting (on another site), the only way they got near to the reception / performance they had before KK, was to get their phone replaced with a device with a newer build / refurb date. With respect to refurb date, it could be Samsung is putting a different low-level software load on these earlier build devices which you and your wife don't have to get the radio to work properly.

It's hard to know. People are just guessing since neither Verizon nor Samsung have been explicit about why some Note3 owners aren't having a problem, while many others are.

0 Likes
genXeration
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the information, stef7.  I actually received a replacement Note 3 today due to the camera LED no longer working on my original.  I notice the build date on my replacement phone is 04/2014.  Unfortunately, I continue to experience the same connection problems with the replacement phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

genXeration I'm sure this issue has to be frustrating to say the least. We want to make sure you and your girlfriend has the absolute best service. How long have you had these devices? Have you guys had any trouble shooting done? Have you reset your devices?

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Johnsotl

I feel, although I doubt it will do any good, the need to add my voice to this discussion. I have a note 3, I bought it when they first came out. Initially the phone service seemed ok but soon declined to extremely poor.  I went to my Verizon store to ask about it and was told to check the SIM card which we did. They said there was no reason to swap it out. I asked what I could do as the service was the worst phone service of any cell phone I have ever owned. They told me, "nothing, they just have poor service". 

I Live in Nashville and get dropped calls in parts of town where I know there is good coverage. I've driven these roads for years talking in the same places without being dropped.

the bottom line is Verizon sold me a phone that is a great computer but has the worst phone service af any phone I have ever used and I've used cell phones since they first came out!

WHen my contract ends I will surely be looking at other phones and another provider.

0 Likes