Re: Note 3 reception
forvips
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jaxle67, I'm thinking this is not your phone thats having problems.  I too have unlimited data so will have to buy the phone outright to not have this change. This is exactly the reason I haven't changed phones yet and still use the older iPhone 4 and I can tell you I go through this with this phone too. I'm not going to listen to the excuses given for this when I know whats happening.  This started pretty bad last summer (2013), I have a river lot and in the summer I use my phone to watch TV…ect..ect… didn't have to many problems I didn't expect with an older but still good phone, but last summer my connection became very slow and would go to (0) and my husband would get 1xxx. Well this summer I get this 98% of the time when Either on Netflix or my Joey for Dish, actually I can't even watch my Dish, so much for  paying for the Joey because it's consistently on 0 or 1xxx and is just to slow to keep up.  I have now started getting dropped calls and can barely even use data that I'm suppose to get unlimited.  I wouldn't go and buy another phone if I was u, but Like I'm doing, I would log all these problems and go from there.  We are suppose to be getting unlimited data, NOT to be throttled back, and I believe this is the problem. I didn't have any unexpected problems before when….using my 3g phone.  I'm not going to listen to ( your phones to old), it wasn't to slow before and now 98% of the time it doesn't even say 3g, and when it does, its slower then crap. I bought a 3g phone and should be getting 3g coverage so this is not right. I would say if they can't guarantee coverage in a house then they need to stop guarantying coverage on there coverage map, I would say this is very fraudulant and misleading and a very poor answer to your problem.  This is the reason I haven't changed a thing yet,… I'm telling you….log it!  You'll see the pattern!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Look under your battery for the build date. There are other forums on the internet. Other people reporting problems with their Note3 post KK update. People with phones having build dates of 2014 are probably running with different hardware and low-level software for the devices radio which is more compatible with the KitKat OS, then those phones with build dates of 2013.

They won't allow people like myself to post the URL to the site where other people have come to this conclusion, but if you Google Note3 KitKat Reception and you do a little reading, you'll find it.

0 Likes
Nakrohtap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my replacement device yesterday and so far it looks like this one is good.

My last phone would be off of the network about 60-80% while I was on the ground floor of my house.

In my short testing last night for about 1 - 1.5 hours, it didn't lose signal once.  0% without a signal.

The build date on the new phone is June 2014.  My original phone was from launch day.  Not sure of the build date, but most likely Sep 2013.

With everyone having these issues, it is most definitely the phone that needs replacing.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Excellent news.

0 Likes
buzzbair
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem the note 3 FM reception is junk. I believe it is the FM chip that is bad/weak. you would think Verizon would check these phones out before they put them on the market. Samsung is using cheap FM chips. I have lived in the same place for 19 years with no cell problems and no dropped calls. The note 3 is constantly dropping calls and I can't even get texts out once in awhile. Called Verizon many times. Many reboots and a  reconditioned phone. new SIM cards and many factory reboot. Junk phone junk service. Time to look for a new carrier.

0 Likes
carlosramos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still have the same problem. they have replaced me with 5 note 3s. same problem. they have given me a box to plug in so i can make calls via wifi. but it doesn't fix my internet issue.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What is the problem with the devices you are receiving? You cannot access the internet via wifi, or via cell tower, make calls via cell tower or what? Not clear from your post. If you have bad cell coverage, then an extender might be required, but you could also be connecting to someone else's extender if you live close proximity to others.

Going back to your issue, at your residence, where you have the problem with these Note3 phones, do others? If not, in my opinion, you need to call Samsung and demand a different model phone.

0 Likes