Note 3 signal issues
budone
Legend

Just to add to the discussion, I have attached two screen shots. One is my home screen showing my 5 bar signal strength. The next , at the bottom, shows I do not have a connection. They were taken within 5 seconds of each other.

I Can not receive a call inside my house. If I attempt to make a call, the second I hit Call, the signal drops to where I can not connect. If I hit cancel, I immediately have 5 bars back with a signal strength of -70dBm.

For those having battery issues, you MUST TURN OFF your location toggle to save the battery.

However,  I am not having any data issues as some have reported.

image.jpg

image.jpg

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 signal issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

budone, thanks for the visual. Service can be challenging indoors at times. Have you powered your device off/on since having this issue? Additionally, we recommend that you briefly remove the sim card and place it back into your device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

budone
Legend

It was not challenging prior to KitKat. And again, note the signal strength if not on a call....-70dBm. once  I hit send or receive a call, the signal immediately drops to -105dBm or lower. I am less than an 1/8 of a mile from the tower I hit and can see the tower.

Where I work, I had service through the building prior to KitKat. Now service is gone 20 ft inside the doors.

Also, when not on a call even tho the signal is strong, I receive the No Service message, would I like to switch to global occasionally.

There are MANY frustrated users of the Note 3 due to this update issue.

budone
Legend

Forgot to add, I have removed the SIM, powered the device down and even a master reset.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Time to buy an iPhone 5s Smiley Happy

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I will have to do something!

0 Likes
rushmore69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why do you guys keep posting the same auto-bot responses

Why not a, "The update screwed the device up and it is taking a LONG time to create a patch to fix it".  You are wasting YOUR time and the CUSTOMER's time with solution ideas that will improve NOTHING.

Maybe you agree with me, but your management forces you to reply like an auto-bot. 

Real simple:  REVERT the UPDATE to 4.3. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cannot be done.

Only the device maker can fix or patch an update to the OS.

Good Luck

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Mr. Budone May pass on my htc M8  is doing fairly well with the OS that is on it,  as I've mentioned through some of the threads I've posted on.. There are a few more colors now choose from when I got mine,  the sound that comes from the speakers is Really Great and that's weather your using it for a speaker phone or a Music device.. And the Camera to me takes really good pictures maybe not as good as the iPhone's but I'd say it's a close second maybe third.Smiley Happy b

B33
Legend

Elector is Totally correct.!  on reverting back you can't,  unlike computers that can be safely rolled back,  In a way it's bad and don't know why there is not something that could change this.. Money to be maid I guess..

To Add: I had to DOA a device cause of issues with Kit Kat it was a Droid Maxx my replacement which is a Droid Maxx has not been updated it still has Jelly Bean on it and is for now running ok

Budone hope something good comes your way.!    I understand having a Device that is only function sometimes to not at all is to much to put up with..