Note 4 5.0 Release Date??!
Christoph29

@I am currently sitting on a Samsung Gear VR paper weight because I did not realize that it would not work without the 5.0 update. Firstly as a new Verizon customer I am extremely mad about this. I need someone from Verizon Admin to give me at least 1 of two answers. 1) when will the update be released (hopefully it is soon). or 2.) how to end 2 year contract, aka what fee do i have to pay? Because I bought the Note 4 and moved to Verizon solely based on getting the Gear VR. A Verizon salesman is the one who told me about it and at this time I have no need to be with you. From what I hear AT&T has it 5.0 out and working just fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 4 5.0 Release Date??!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It doesn't need Android 5.0. Just a KitKat update. http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/10/verizon-galaxy-note-4-update-vru1anj5/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Christoph29

Looks like I will be visiting a Verizon store this afternoon and porting my # over to AT&T.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon will release 5.0 in Feb or March after Samsung release to Verizon, they install bloatware and testing for few months and then release to Verizon users.

0 Likes
Christoph29

I just spoke to At&t . They didn't get 5.0 either they just released a small update to allow Samsung Gear VR to work with their Note 4. So that's what people who have gear vr and have Verizon are waiting for.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung going to release in first quarter of 2015 and we are the last to get Android 5.0 Lollipop.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It doesn't need Android 5.0. Just a KitKat update. http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/10/verizon-galaxy-note-4-update-vru1anj5/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes