Note 4 After update Email AutoFit shrinks to length not width, rendering most html emails unreadable
Magefyre

Since receiving my OTA update on the Note 4 recently, the "Auto Fit Content" feature for emails has not been functioning in a useful manner.

Instead of fitting HTML emails to the width of the screen it starts shrinking them to fit the LENGTH of the HTML email - meaning the longer the email, the more it shrinks until it is unreadable.  Trying to Zoom is a problem too as it starts adding "whitespace" around the edges of the email I'm trying to read and moves all over the place.

I can turn off the Auto Fit Content, but then I have to scroll around to see things.  Is there any way to fix this so it goes back to working the way it should?

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 After update Email AutoFit shrinks to length not width, rendering most html emails unreadable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Magefyre1970,

The Note 4, has a great screen size.  I want to make sure you are able to take advantage of it once again.  When setting up emails the autt fit content should be fitting the email content.  Is this only happening when you receive HTML emails? 

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 After update Email AutoFit shrinks to length not width, rendering most html emails unreadable
Magefyre

Correct, there are no problems with regular emails.  And as I'm rechecking, it's not all HTML emails - but emails from Dell, IndeGoGo, KickStarter, Amazon, Spiceworks, etc that used to display normally now open and rapidly shrink to unreadability despite the large screen.  It's possible it is something in the HTML code that is not being interpreted correctly since it is not all HTML emails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Magefyre1970,

Hmm, that is certainly interesting. What type of email account are we working with and are you using the stock email application? We can attempt to remove the account and readd to see if that will produce any changes. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123252/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jjamsa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also experiencing this problem.  Any further recommendations?

Berettamb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue  since the July ota update.

0 Likes
MarkINAustinTX

Same issue has been occurring for me as well.  No way to resolve it except turn off AutoFit which is bad for many emails since I now have to scroll side to side to read them thus removing my ability to quickly glance at an email's content.

It is weird - the email loads - looks like it is going to display correctly then shrinks in small.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting this feature to work correctly is paramount, MarkIN AustinTX. What we typically recommend is lifting this up for a future fix in a software update. There's a few pieces of information we need to gather about your device to complete this. Please be on the lookout for a private message so we can get this accomplished.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
Berettamb
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when will this issue get fixed?

0 Likes