Note 4 Frustrations
netminder32
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of early April, when I updated my Note 4 to the Android OS 5.0.1, I have had nothing but headaches.  The phone froze, to the point where only the removal, then the replacement of the battery would get the phone to work again.  This process could happen several times a day.  While I have contacted Verizon Wireless Support, by phone and social media, the best help I have received, a replacement Note 4, which does the same things as before.

One of the troubling issues I have encountered with Verizon Wireless, the they will not stand behind the devices they sell, with their branding on them.  While I have these issues, customer support can only tell me it is Verizon Wireless' responsibility to provide a connection to the device, they are not responsible for the device, with their logo, and apps preinstalled.

A Verizon Wireless CSR I spoke to yesterday even went as far as suggesting I contact an attorney... that in itself told me, he had no desire to help me.  As someone who survived a Traumatic Brain Injury, I rely heavily on my wireless device, but as of late, my device has be very unreliable.

I have tried countless times to reason with Verizon Wireless, I have done all they have asked me to do, including contacting Samsung.  Samsung had no answers.  As the current Verizon Wireless ad says, they are number 1 in reliability... my guess is, that does not include the "smartphones" they refer to.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
Re: Note 4 Frustrations
hazmatdiver
Enthusiast - Level 2

they dont care, 6 replacements same issues . all verizon ever says is hard reset or take it to samsung . they dont seem to understand the phone is junk after they ( verizon ) stuck us with this junk update . its funny how all talks of the 5.1.1 update went away as soon as verizon started to sell the note 5 , hmmm where is their customer service now . profit over service they dont care if they did care our phones would have been fixxed or we the customers that pay every month for service even though we have half usable equipment would have been giving the option to switch out the phone for something that works . verizon will tell us we have the option to switch at anytime , thats the case as long as we hand verizon acouple hundred dollers and our old equipment back . i have no isses returning my equipment for credit towards a new phone but i am not paying for something i didnt break . there is alot of finger pointing i think they are all full of it , google ,samsung and verizon . 7 phones lets think about this , if it was a car it would have been lemon lawed already . good luck with your fight and if you decide to get a lawyer i have a feeling more people including myself would love to jump on a class action suit .

duggiebear
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted Samung, my phone drops calls non stop, service in my area is great, never had issues with my htc m8. Ive had the Note 4 for several months and after last update it freezes, shuts off etc. So Samsung says do a factory reset. That doesn't work, I asked for a replacement, they wont do that. to get out of my edge contract thing, cost me 230 dollars. SIngle mom and no help. Im tired of this and if you get anymore info please let me know. Im irritated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duggiebear, I want to make sure that we bring the love back to your Samsung Note 4. I understand how upsetting and frustrating these issues can be. I’d like to gather more details from you. When did this start happening. When the device starts having a mind of its own, are you using any certain application or feature on the phone? Has there been any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
j238
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think no one is going to take it seriously we are  tiny community android note 4 verizon customers. There has to be an uproar or they will never respond or fix issues. remember Apple antennagate.

I would tweet @SamsungMobileUS  @verizon saying. I have a Verizon note 4 and will never recommend any Verizon and Samsung products because of all the issues with their hardware and lack of updates.

Its Public Shaming that will get them to respond ... nothing else

Huffjam1

I have two Note 4's on my Verizon account which I pay over $200 monthly for my services.  My Note 4's have consistently been having problems since the last android upgrade.  After months of just "taking it" I have decided that if I am paying for a high-end device like the Note 4 it darn well should be working properly.  After doing some research I have found that all Note 4's since the upgrade are basically not working properly.  These problems include overheating, dropped calls, lag time, resetting, and freezing up.  All of which have been happening to my two phones as well. Verizon has not been helpful at all.  A customer service rep told us to pay our bill this month and we could upgrade to different phones to alleviate the problem.  The next day, I paid the bill and called in to discuss the phone that I would like to get.  The agent advised me that I would need to pay $400 more dollars in order to do any kind of upgrade.  The agent that advised me that I could upgrade even notated it in the account notes.  However, all agents and supervisors that I spoke with advised me they could not honor the offer even though it was notated. I wanted to speak to a manager and was advised that there were none that I could speak with.  A rep did offer me a $5 credit for my frustration.  That is basically an insult, I thought.  I ended up being on the phone for over three hours with customer service with just this one particular experience.  My point Verizon, is this.  I only want working phones.  I do not want to spend additional money in order to have working equipment.  If you can give me the software patch in order to fix my device in a timely manner, I would love to keep my Note 4's.  Before the update, they were absolutely fantastic phones.  There has been no help with this situation at all.  All of us who have Note 4's pay a very pretty price to Verizon each month for service.  This service is not working properly.  This is not our fault.  Heck, it may not even be Verizon's fault (looking at you Samsung).  In the end, we pay Verizon for our services.  Verizon expects us to pay our bill in a timely manner.  Is it really too much to expect that we get the service that we pay for?  I don't think so.  All we are asking for is help, Verizon.  If you cannot help us just let us out of our agreement.  I will be happy to send you the phones back.  After all, they do not work properly.  I will try my luck at a different company.  Hopefully, they will value their customers more than what you do. 

Sincerely, a very tired, frustrated, clinging to a final thread, and dissatisfied customer.

0 Likes
nicisageek
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Verizon replaced both of my phones 2 times now. They accidentally send me a replacement phone with 4.4.4 KitKat.  As soon as the phone powered on it attempted to start downloading and installing Lollipop. I turned off WiFi and 4G and blocked the download and OTA update. My note 4 with KitKat is amazing.  I forgot how nice this phone was. However the other replacement phone had Lollipop on it and that phone is still junk. Going to call back and get another one.  This needs to be fixed

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Verizon would be a little more prompt with releasing the 5.1.1 update Samsung provided to them a few months ago, that would likely help with the issues the Note 4 has. 5.1.1 features a lot of fixes Samsung has not back ported into 5.0.1, which includes some of the memory management fixes.

The Note 4 is also behind on some security updates as a result of this delay. Verizon is the only major carrier whose Note 4 model has not bee updated.

I am on the Note 4 now and it has been working fine. I had to do a warranty battery replacement on it once since Fast Charging is being a bit rough on it, but I did replace the battery with a ZeroLemon aftermarket one which surprisingly helped to make the phone more stable too. Samsung does have some Wi-Fi bugs to fix, which are what really causes issue with my phone.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

My 2 note 4s work just fine.

0 Likes
sweettink75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my note 4 about a year ago and I wish I had kept my galaxy 4. I absolutely hate this phone. The battery life sucks and it doesn't charge fast at all. And I'm stuck with this stupid phone for another year.

0 Likes