Note 4 Smart Lock no longer works after Marshmallow update
SNarum

Since the Marshmallow update, my Note 4 no longer allows me to bypass security using the Smart Lock feature when I'm at home or connected to a trusted BlueTooth device.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, has it been solved?

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 Smart Lock no longer works after Marshmallow update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try and remove the approved devices and add them back again?

Does it happen all the time or only in certain situations like after a reboot?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SNarum

Yes I tried resetting the safe location and devices with no difference observed.

This does not happen consistently either way.  Every so often it unlocks, most times it doesn't.

0 Likes
MaverickTI

Yes, I've had this issue and the blame squarely lies with Android/Google. This last update is the buggiest and worst update they have ever put out. A factory reset, new battery and minimal apps have not solved my issues. My phone even randomly rebooted itself immediately after the reset!

If you check both Sprint and T-Mobile sites, Note 4 users are having the same issues as well. Google really did a crappy job with this update.

The only thing you can do this point is wait for an update. Since this also affects the Note 5, I imagine Google should be working fairly fast on getting a bug fix out there quick.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this, SNarum. Are you using an Exchange Active Sync account or other corporate solution for email?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sandwichmaker

Location based smart lock no longer works for me with Marshmallow on my Galaxy S5. I do have a corporate exchange email set up on my phone, but I disabled it some time ago because it constantly interacted with the corporate server and drained the battery quickly. I've not removed it completely, and would have to do some research to be sure how that is done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear your having issues with the smart lock Sandwichmaker. When did this start? Are you getting an error message? Did your work help set up the corporate exchange server?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sandwichmaker

Hello. Sorry for posting this in a Note 4 forum. My Galaxy S5 Smart Lock worked well using Lollipop but fails to operate following the recent Marshmallow update. I am trying to use the location based Smart Lock feature, but the phone insists on fingerprint unlock each time I use it. I don not receive an error message. I've tried allowing nearby addresses, and all GPS functions seem to operate. My work did not assist with the corporate email set up although I did follow their online guidelines for setting up the corporate email access.

0 Likes