Note 4 microphone not working
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My main microphone won't work for anything ( calls, voice recording etc) if I put the phone on speaker or use the group setting on the voice recorder ( I'm assuming both use the top microphone) it works just fine.  So far I've tried clearing system cach turning off s Voice and Google now as much as possible and then a factory data reset.  I've also tried to blow out the bottom two microphones in case there was some lint of some sort in there but nothing has helped.  I did recently recently receive the lollipop update and have seen on other sites that this is a fairly common issue but no one seems to have a solution.  Any ideas on what to do next?

Re: Note 4 microphone not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
woodharpy, let's get it back up and working! Did this issue happen immediately after retrieving the software update? Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to it? Try running the device in Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1qSB34I  Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was probably about a week after it updated and I forgot that I did try it in safe mode as well still wouldn't work.

0 Likes
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any ideas on what to do next or if there will be a software update soon to fix this if it isn't a hardware problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
woodharpy,

Let's make sure we figure this out. Is there any sort of case or anything like that on the phone? If so can we try without them to see if it makes a difference? Have you tried turning the phone off and removing the battery and SIM card to see if that helps?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all of that with no change.

0 Likes
sushah23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. But for me it is intermittent and when I reboot the device it starts working again. But I will never know when exactly it will stop working. I will try to find a way to reproduce this.

0 Likes
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish mine was like that it just stopped working with no warning and I guess I have Verizon stumped because they have been really slow to reply and haven't had much for suggestions on a fix.... Just seems like software to me so I'd hate to have to get a crappy warranty phone because of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
woodharpy,

We want to make sure this is solved for you. Do you back the phone up? http://vz.to/16bLoV6 Once it is backed up we can try a reset. If it continues after that with everything you've already done we likely are looking at a hardware issue.

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated before I've already done a reset and it didn't help.

0 Likes