Re: Note 4 microphone not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm so sorry woodharpy!

How long have you had this phone? Other than the recent update, has there been any liquid or physical damage? Even just mist, steam, etc.? Can you try using with Bluetooth or headphones to see if works that way? Please keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
woodharpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

There has been no water or steam damage to this phone and I've had it less than six months... Very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
woodharpy, we want to ease your frustrations and ensure that you have a properly working device right away. As a reflection of our commitment to you, we provide a one year manufacturer warranty which will provide you with a replacement device in exchange for your defective phone. Have you contacted us by phone at 800-922-0204 to order you a replacement phone yet?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
hXcpunk23

I've had two Galaxy S6 phones for about 3 weeks. One of them has an issue with the mic when recording video. It has this horrible hissing sound when recording video & playing it back. I've tried recording with all video settings, I tried doing a factory reset (4 times), & I've tried 3rd party video recording apps to see what the issue is.

With one app, the audio settings we're changed from "auto" to "mic" or "main". The recording worked great with no hissing sound, BUT it won't record in HD with this app. I called, was held up on the phone for quite a while, only to be told the issue wasn't some thing Verizon could fix. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but a phone that's only 3 weeks old should be able to be replaced easily, especially considering it is the device & a hardware issue, from what it seems.

Can I also call that number & easily have mine replaced with no fees? I'm not happy about this at all. I'm also wondering why Verizon transferred me to Samsung for a repair. Samsung said they'd repair it or replace if they couldn't repair. I don't need a repair. I need a simple replacement on a NEW phone that isn't working right.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand your concerns regarding the issue with your mic while recording video hXcpunk23! I definitely want your phone to perform as intended! I see that manufacturer has offered you an option to repair. We can certainly explore a Warranty Replacement http://vz.to/uyYF0o option for you also. A hands on evaluation is required to check on this mic issue. Please visit a store and they can process the warranty replacement for you.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes