Note 4 powers off on its own after installing Lollipop
maxwellnj
Enthusiast - Level 3

On three occasions since installing Lollipop on Friday of last week, my Note 4 has suddenly shut itself down.  I need to remove and reinsert the battery to get the phone to power back on.

Any ideas???  Anyone experiencing the same issue???

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 powers off on its own after installing Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh no maxwellnj! Your software suppose to improve your phone not make it worse! We will get this working again for you. Are you doing a particular function when the phone shuts off? Try to put on safe mode http://spr.ly/65814GF3 to see if it will duplicate.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
maxwellnj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Tech Support last night.  I put it into Safe Mode.  All was OK until about 10 minutes ago.  The phone shut down/froze up again.  I could see a faint red Verizon screen, the blue indicator light was on, and the phone did not respond to my pressing the home button or the power on/off button.  I needed to remove the battery again to get the phone to reset.

What now?

0 Likes
hrvollector

I have the same issues.

0 Likes
RobInTN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded and installed the update a couple of days ago and now my phone locks up and then just reboots.  If version 5.1 fixes these issues, why did Verizon push out 5.0.1?  Come on Verizon, quit loading up the phone with your own apps, etc.  This needs to be fixed ASAP!

maxwellnj
Enthusiast - Level 3

An update........  after experiencing the issue again while on safe mode, I did a factory reset.  I loaded on only a small group of Google or Verizon apps, plus one or two others, and all seems to be OK now for a day or so.

One thing I noticed is that, where I had the Google Fit app loaded on my phone prior to and immediately after the Lollipop upgrade, I cannot load it back on now.  The Google Play store says it's not compatible with my device.

Perhaps the Google Fit app is not yet compatible with Lollipop (at least on the Note 4) and that's what caused the problem I was experiencing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RobinTN,

Let's get your phone back in great working condition! That it seemed to work better in safe mode is a good sign but that it still froze up isn't what we want. Have you checked the Play Store to see if there are updates to any of your apps available? Do you have the phone backed up? http://vz.to/16bLoV6

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes