Note 4 reboots and is unusable after MM update
MaverickTI

Since the 6.0.1 update, my Note 4 has been COMPLETELY unusable! I am extremely frustrated and want a new, or even better, a different phone as a replacement!

Since the MM update, my phone randomly reboots 3-4 times in a row and then can't stay up for any more than 4 hours at best. This is 100% unacceptable! I've performed 2 factory resets, wiped the system cache, wiped the app cache and done EVERYTHING to get this to work in a stable way. This MM update from Verizon/Google has been THE WORST by far! Whats wrong when two multi-billion dollar companies can't release a stable OS?!?!

And this is not a hardware issue. I've already replaced the battery with an OEM battery to no change. No drops or ANY damage has been done to the unit. It's even rebooted after a factory reset before I even had the chance to finish the initial setup! So unstable! Plus I've read on Sprint and T-Mobile forums that they experience the same issues as well with their Note 4. I also see this happening with Note 5 units after the upgrade to MM.

I want a different phone than the one I have now to replace it. I do NOT trust that a new Note 4 or 5 would be any more stable as long as it is running 6.0.1. I've tried to be patient and put up with this for as long as I could but enough is enough!

Please contact me ASAP so we can arrange for a new phone replacement for this.

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 reboots and is unusable after MM update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Warranty replacements will never be a new phone. It will be a refurbished device.

If it truly a bug in the code, you will have to wait until Samsung fixes the bug and releases an update. Have you talked to Samsung about your issues?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MaverickTI

Actually I have not since I got this phone on lease from Verizon I started here first. How would I contact Samsung about this? Is there a specific site or contact you have for them about these issues?

What could also help is if you could tell me how i could go back to Lollipop on this phone. The previous OS was perfect on my Note 4 so if I can go backwards to the previous OS this would fix my issue as well.

Otherwise I suppose I would take the refurbished one but I don't trust I won't have the exact same problems again since it will also run 6.0.1 like my current one.

0 Likes
MaverickTI

Is there any update to this?

In the time between 7:30am to now when I'm writing this, my phone has rebooted 6 times!

And just to prove how terrible this MM update is, my daughter recently updated her LG G3 to 6.0 this week. Now her phone experiences random reboots as well!! Even when it is unused!

Is there a way I can go back to Lollipop on my Note 4 or get some type of replacement? I would even be willing to go to a different phone at this point as long as I get some credit to help with the transition costs. I want a working phone!

I sincerely hope you guys at Verizon are tracking all these MM problems and then bill Google for putting out such a horrible update in relation to your service costs!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contact information for Samsung is available on their website.

As for warranty options they will likely ask you to send the phone to them for repair or replacement.

You can't go back to the previous version of the OS. Samsung wrote their code to prevent it.

Otherwise you have to wait until Samsung fixes the bug and releases and update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MaverickTI

Wouldn't I get a replacement phone from Verizon since this is Verizon service and I have the monthly warranty I pay for?

0 Likes
MITCHB315

to go back to lollipop ,no not without  voiding the warranty  , if you get in contact with  big red they  shpuld replace  it  at no charge so long as there is no signs of cosmetic  damage also they  may  factory reset  it a few times to see if that fixes it

0 Likes
MaverickTI

Ok so do I go to a Verizon store to get my replacement or do I have to go through warranty and have one mailed to me?

0 Likes
MITCHB315

I went to a verizon store to get a replacement for my v10 I think they

used the warranty from lg but still it was free it should be back to you

in 3 to5 day depending on your mail, and weekends. however the phone you

get will probably be refurbished

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The warranty that Verizon facilitates for Samsung (the warranty comes from them not Verizon) will only get you a refurbished phone. One that may or may not have the update already installed or will eventually have in installed and you will be right back to where you are now with a used phone that could be worse than the one you have now.

0 Likes