Note 4 stuck in 3G
snakeyes37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note 4 has been stuck in 3g since December 27th. It just switched on its own automatically. I don't think it's my area as I've been getting 4G where I live for over a year and my wife has an iPhone 4 and it's still getting 4g.

Another recent problem I'm having seems to be that I'll loose all data and cellular signals where I have no service completely until I power the phone off and on. And I'm also not receiving any GPS signals either.

I'm wondering if Verizon is throttling my speed because I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

I've ready tried taking the battery and Sim card out and letting the phone sit for 10 minutes but that didn't do anything.

I've also tried switching the network from global to lte/cdma, but thay also didn't work.

I'm worried that if I have to get a new Sim card that I might lose my unlimited data.

The only thing I haven't done is a hard reset. I'm trying to avoid doing that as I have a lot of stuff on my phone such as important text messages etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 stuck in 3G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back to to speed as quickly as possible, snakeeyes37. Did this seem to start after app installation or update? Before reset we can test the device in Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app is affecting the network and GPS connections. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121765/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 4 is a 3G EDVO only smartphone. How is it connecting to the 4G LTE network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't already, verify the phone is set to CDMA/LTE mode in the cellular settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
snakeyes37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did that already, made no difference.

0 Likes
snakeyes37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already tried restarting my phone in safe mode. Nothing changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snakeyes37, I know the importance of 4G speeds. I rely heavily on my phone for data use. Let’s get you connected back to our 4G LTE network.

With safe mode not being successful, there are two more things we can try to address to issue. Because you stated you have a lot of information on your device, we can hold off on the factory data reset at this time, although I do recommend to start backing up your information in case we’ll need to proceed to that step. I will recommend trying a new SIM card. You can pick one up at any one of our corporate-owned Verizon stores. This will not affect your current plan. You can find the nearest store to you here. http://vz.to/1Pl7NU4

Keep us posted on the outcome.

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snakeyes37, having 3G has to be a pain compared to 4G speeds! Lets figure out why this is happening to you.

I do want to start by assuring you that we do not throttle data at all. Also, changing SIM card has nothing to do with your data plan. It only helps to connect you to the Verizon network. I do advise you to stop by your local corporate store to pick up a free one. That may very well be the culprit.

Did you get a chance to try using Safe Mode to weed out any applications that could be causing this problem? Have you gone to Settings> System Update, to make sure you have the latest software? Lets solve this together.

MarcusSS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes