Note 4 update
J-G-S
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone at Verizon have any idea when we will finally get the 5.1.1 update for the note 4? This is getting very frustrating. Why can we not get straight answers?

Re: Note 4 update
J-G-S
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why doesn't Verizon abswer us?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can't provide an an answer they don't have. They won't have any information until it has been completed and certified and ready for release.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

I really don't think they care.  Not going to re-hash all the other threads on the subject.  My advice is get a Google Nexus and apply for the Fi network.  Hopefully that will eliminate needs updates from any company but google.  BYW  Google is pushing 6.0 Marshmallow to their units now...

Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point the whole 'They can't answer what they don't have' routine about when, whether accurate or not, just isn't cutting it, and that's the only answer that anyone can actually give right now. The update is out to the carriers, we know that since two other carriers are pushing it out - yet Verizon hasn't said a single word on the matter.

I hate being another part of the angry mob, but it really is crazy that such a large provider for service like Verizon is so late, and can't even give a time frame to people who pay good money for their service, which includes updates.

My answer is this: Do what many others are suggesting, which is take a look into the Google Fi, and don't count on Verizon. The phones get updates obviously much faster, and the plans are so much cheaper. I just applied for an invite, and if/when I get it, I'll be getting away from Verizon ASAP. It's not out of anger, it's really just frustration and price - why should I stick around with a provider that is so incredibly late giving me updates my phone desperately needs, while I'm paying more than most others. Makes no sense.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Toxicle, we would certainly never want to lose you as a customer. You do matter to us, as does every customer, for without you we do not exist. Please know, that as soon as the software is tested and certified it will role out to our customers that are anxiously waiting. You can watch for any news about this update at http://spr.ly/6581BOGjS.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
J-G-S
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate Verizon, their network, coverage, help, support ..... just about everything. You have been exceptional for me. But, if they are so eager to test and ​certify and make sure everything ​ goes ​smoothly, why did the roll out for Lollipop 5.0 for the Note 4 when it clearly was not ready? Where was the testing and certification? My phone worked flawlessly with KitKat. Why didn't the android geniuses and Verizon figure out a way to rollback to a previous OS. We have been abandoned by all concerned. My phone is a piece of garbage since Lollipop. This was suppose to be the flagship. Now it is the flagshi*. Poor battery life. Hangups. Phone shuts down on it's own. How did the other carriers release an update? Too many lame excuses. If my bill doesn't get paid each month , can I say my software has a few "minor" glitches?

We need action, not rhetoric!

Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand it's your job to give a really vague answer like that, I do, but I can't think you, or the other moderators/support from Verizon, take a look at this section and think that everything is ok, and that people will just continue to ride out the storm happily.

Personally I use my phone a lot for work, in addition to private use. I text, call, and email quite a lot for work. It's extremely frustrating when my phone will overheat just from using the most basic of functions, even the dialer. Sure, some days my phone works great, and I get 30 hours of life from it, but quite often I'll have massive drains and overheating from the silliest reasons - knowing there is an update out there, released on other networks, that quite possibly could fix those issues - networks that I would be paying less on, as well. I've tried various fixes, hard resets, and whatever else that's been recommended. I pay Verizon for equipment and service - if either one of those is faulty or not working correctly/satisfactory, I shouldn't just have to 'deal with it'. I mean we have a device that desperately needs 5.1.1, and other devices are already getting 6.0? And people aren't just asking for the update because we feel like it, it's because it's needed to have a functioning device that we pay for.

So in my position, which seems to include many, many other people in a quick glance of this board, and the internet in general, why would someone be happy with Verizon? Even so much as a general 'We're aiming for <Insert month here>' from Verizon I think would help the situation, but for such a large network, that somehow isn't even a possibility either. This isn't the first time I've had issues with Verizon either, so it's not like I'm just grumpy over one thing.

I don't know what your job entails - whether it's just to provide vague answers to the message board, or more, but I'd think everyone managing places like this would be trying to get *something* out of the higher-ups.I pay too much to be stuck with a piece of equipment that used to function well, and now doesn't, with a fix just out of reach, because they're in no rush.

Honestly, at this point, even if the update magically came tomorrow, I think I still might leave Verizon, just due to the unresponsiveness from situations like this. It's a huge network that tells everyone it prides itself on service, yet it's the most expensive and least responsive to issues and updates.