Note 4 won't pair with vehicle
amberina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a 2014 Subaru Forester, and I can't get my new Note 4 to pair via Bluetooth. I had a Note 3 and Galaxy S5 previously that paired and synced fine (if paired through the steering wheel controls, not the radio). The Note 4 does pair with my work vehicle, A 2014 Ford Escape. I've seen online that the Note 4 has a newer Bluetooth technology that no one else is using yet, and that may be the problem Is there any options or work arounds that people have discovered. I really don't want to have to go back to an older phone just to use hands free technology.

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 won't pair with vehicle
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amberina We understand how improtant it is to have handsfree devices while driving. We wouldn't want you to have to switch phones either. So to confirm, the Note 4 works with another car, therefore it's not the phone. Also, the Subaru works with others phones, so we know the car isn't the issue. The best recomendation is to speak directly with Samsung and see if the phone is compatible with the car's technology. This will prevent unecessary troubleshooting guesses. 888-987-4357

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

do you have specific instructions for resetting the forester's radio? that might be an option.

0 Likes
amberina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've talked to Samsung, I've gone to Best Buy where the Samsung expert was working, I've been to the Subaru dealer, and exhausted my efforts all around. It still will not pair with my car (or with any of the speakers I have at home). It did pair with the variety of speakers, etc the girl at Verizon store tried. Apparently the Note 4 has Bluetooth 4.1 technology, which is causing it to not be compatible with the car. Very very frustrating. I would not have purchased this phone had I known how many problems it would cause.

0 Likes