Note 5 APN not functioning after 7.0 update
OUSoonerTaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the Android 7.0 Update yesterday and ever since, the APN settings don't work and they are locked out for editing.  When I look at the settings, nothing is set until you get to the MCC value of 311, MNC 480.

I found this link to the APN settings for Verizon, Android 7 Nougat Verizon APN settings - APN Settings USA , and they sure don't match.  I am unable to change anything but the name of the APN.

Since it's been this way, I'm unable to send or receive MMS messages while connected to WiFi.

What's the fix?

Thanks.

Sean

Re: Note 5 APN not functioning after 7.0 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can only send MMS over Wi-Fi only if you are using the Messages+ application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same exact problem. Still not solved. Can send MMS picture messages AFTER NOUGAT ... ONLY when NOT on a call. If on a call, regular sms txt messages send. Mms sit there, unsent, but keep trying​ over and over to send. Called Verizon, they couldn't help. They got Samsung on phone who couldn't help until i get to a second phone because the potential fix requires a reboot. Have shut down and restarted, cleared cache partition, my APN ALSO like yours. Doesn't match what the figuring shows and changes grayed out. How can customer service NOT be familiar with this????

0 Likes
NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not using messages + . Using the Samsung stock messing app in note 5. See above plz

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does that phone have HD Voice or Advanced Calling feature enabled on it. Calls and data (MMS) transmitting simultaneously can only occur if the call is routed on the VoLTE side of the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please see attached. I'm not using either of below features; HD Voice or Advanced Calling

Some say it's because the APN is wrong. Mine doesn't match what i see online (attached) ... Nor can i edit it. 

I've been told to clear my cache partition ... That's Done

No success yet! Still can receive nor send MMS while on Verizon network call

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

No it doesn't have HD voice nor advanced calling enabled but still no success. Plz see my APN comment. My phone APN now does NOT match what it says online it should be and it's grayed out ... so i can't edit it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the network mode setting? Have you replaced the SIM card yet?

NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 Texastoast513 OUSoonerTaz Short version of 2 HOUR story. Went to VZW store. Sales staff very nice but stated they were SALES not service 🙂 ... They tried sending me MMS from their personal phones and able to see they will NOT download while I'm on a call. I tried to send MMS to them, phone stated "mobile network not available". They let me use display phone to talk to VZW 800#, who transferred me to Samsung rep. Short version .. not Samsung's fault, it's Android developers and they are "just a middleman between developers and VZW" ... BUT Samsung admitted NOUGAT HAS BUGS. So ... until the NEXT update is pushed out, I CANNOT be on a call and use any form of the internet. No pix messages, no email attachments, no images in email, no new email. I TELECOMMUTE and do frequent WebEx (need internet and be on call) but also need to monitor my corp email.

Samsung rep said ... No ETA on the next update but I could do a hard reset (ugh, no) on my phone or she could do an OTA refresh that would wipe my phone clean back to factory status AND "SEE" IF THAT HELPS!! ... They love to play the hard reset call.

I have never had an iPhone but have accompanied my kid to Apple Store (canoe overturned, phone in pocket). They couldn't fix it on the spot .. they went in back and got him a BRAND NEW BOXED iPhone. We were in/out in 30 mins. That was REAL customer service. So my recourse is  ... wait for some ill defined update that will come at UNDETERMINED TIME Or spin the "hard reset roulette wheel" and "see" if that helps. No new APN, SIM card, cache partition delete or safe mode workarounds will help Samsung said.

Texastoast513
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 hrs with Samsung in Best Buy, 6 hours in phone calls with Google and Samsung. Call Google to complain.   1 855-836-3987.  Will also give you an online survey to complain