Note 5 Battery Drainage after Recent Update
JayLyn614
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week, I completed a software update on my phone and since then the battery drains extremely fast and when I go to charge it (no matter what charger I use), it says "To charge faster, use the original charger." I have tried 4 different chargers. I have emptied my cache and done the Verizon health check. I have not downloaded any apps (have even tried deleting many of them) and have not changed my usage. My battery drains fully in a matter of hours and I don't know what else to try. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Note 5 Battery Drainage after Recent Update
bearone21
Legend

are you using the original charger?? phone being charged on or off??  are you ever seeing 100%??

0 Likes
Re: Note 5 Battery Drainage after Recent Update
JayLyn614
Enthusiast - Level 2

The original charger stopped working a month after I got the phone. I bought a new wall & auto charger from Verizon and those are 2 of the chargers I have been trying. The other 2 are USB cables in my computer. I have tried charging it with the phone being on and off and the same thing happens. It will get to 100% after about 10 or so hours. And then the battery drains completely within hours. I never had a problem until the update.

0 Likes