Note 5 Bluetooth issues on calls after Update
Sokoji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having issues with my Note 5 and Bluetooth headsets after the latest OTA security update.  Specifically, anytime I make a call, all voice (talking and receiving) goes through the handset.  I can turn off the headset, turn it back on, and the "voice" will go through the headset for a few minutes then switch back to the handset.  I can answer in-coming calls on the headset, but after a few minutes it'll switch to the handset.  The phone is not dropping the bluetooth connection as I do not have to re-pair to play media.  This switch does not happen when listening to music/media through the headset.  I've had the same issues with the 2 headsets I own:  Jaybird X2 and Plantronic Backbeat Go2.  Anyone else having thisproblem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 5 Bluetooth issues on calls after Update
Sokoji
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, I forgot to add that I rebooted the phone, deleted the Bluetooth cache, wiped the cache partition, and did hard reset of the headsets.  No luck with anything.  I'm thinking that this has to be a software issue.

mlandstreet

I have the same thing on my note 4 and have gone through all of the same things you have to fix it.

Mine started after the latest OTA as well.

There is a new OTA today but I cannot find any information about what is in it.

0 Likes
Sokoji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon tech support. Started the phone in safe mode and found

that the problem was caused by one of the apps on the phone. Through trial

and error found the app and deleted it. Everything works fine now. The

offending app was YouMail, a voice mail replacement that also screens robo

calls. I left a review in Playstore to alert the developers about it.

Good luck with your issue.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017, 6:11 AM mlandstreet <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes