Re: Note 5 battery drains quick even if not in use.  barely last 12 hours.  What can I do to fix it?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Next time you charge your phone to 100% and then use it for what you consider a day, take a screen shot of settings>battery. Just wait until it gets down to 30% I'm curious what else is running.

0 Likes
Re: Note 5 battery drains quick even if not in use. barely last 12 hours. What can I do to fix it?
mnbywayofnc

It appears I finally got it figured out. After a few searches on Google downloaded gsam battery app and found that Gas Buddy was a huge resource hog (apparently the app update included a function of using Bluetooth to determine location). Anyway, uninstalled Gas Buddy and Facebook and the battery drain is better than ever (instead of Facebook, I added a shortcut from my browser to the home screen - works fantastic!).

0 Likes
Re: Note 5 battery drains quick even if not in use. barely last 12 hours. What can I do to fix it?
tigrangrig

This thread is 3 months old but the problem is still not fixed!

I have the same problem with my week old Note 5.

If Wi-Fi is ON my battery goes from 100% to 25% overnight (6-7 hrs)

If Wi-Fi is OFF my battery goes from 100% to 95% overnight.

This is ridiculous, I'm pretty much forced to keep Wi-Fi off all the time, otherwise I gotta charge 2-3 times a day.

I even thinking to return the phone. Never had problems with Note 3 before.

FIX IT ASAP!!!

0 Likes
Re: Note 5 battery drains quick even if not in use.  barely last 12 hours.  What can I do to fix it?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again, seeing what's actually being used can be seen under settings>battery. Sometimes it's not at all what you think.

It's best to charge your battery to 100% because it resets battery usage and then use your phone until 20% or below and take a look at the battery usage.

0 Likes
DeputySheriff

In my opinion, I think for a device such as the Note 5, I find it ridiculous for Samsung to use a non replaceable battery 1st off, then a mere 3020ma battery on a executive device like this? Now, to get a full day out of this phone, I purchased a Morphie Juice CASE specifically for the Note 5 with an added 4200ma battery in the case..... 2.5-3.5 days before a charge......It was worth the $99.00.

*end rant*

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I agree. I prefer phones where the battery can be removed. I'm sure things have improved, but it's happened before where I needed to remove the battery to get the phone to unfreeze. Not having that option is worry some.

Before making that purchase did you confirm what was using up your battery? I've noticed a lot of people come here to complain, but no one reports back of their actual findings.

0 Likes
DeputySheriff

Most of my bleeding issues was power sacking 3rd party apps.

But, as a heavy user, I need as much as I can get. It's a shame the note 4

sported a larger capacity battery than it's next gen the note 5.

0 Likes