Note 5 flashing error and charging
cmston01
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note5 keeps looking like it's charging (flashing the blue semi-circle from the charger port), but it's not plugged in. Then it flashed an error message which disappears too quickly for me to fully read. It says something to the effect of using the correct charger to limit damage. Again, no charger is connected and I only use my Samsung provided cord. It shows it's "plugged in", flashed this message and vibrates every 5 minutes or so. My battery is drained from this constant "waking up" and vibrating.

Help?

Re: Note 5 flashing error and charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further help has arrived cmston01. I can certainly understand how inconvenient and frustrating this must be for you. Having your battery drain because of this is no fun.

When did this start? What software version are you running on the phone http://vz.to/1Xzx665? Does the phone charge when you plug in the charger?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JACKUB658

I have this exact same issue,  had my phone replaced under warranty, with in 2 days the new one is doing the same thing. Im running Marshmellow, my phone charges if the phone is turned off.

0 Likes
mzim

I have the same issue.

When did this start?

1 week ago

What software version are you running on the phone http://vz.to/1Xzx665?

Does the phone charge when you plug in the charger?

Yes

The blue circle indicating charging comes on very sporadically, sometimes 50x/min and sometimes after 1 or two hours with much less frequency.  I did notice that recently I started getting errors saying that I am unable to get into my Samsung account and that it has timed out.  I am also noticing that I am getting to a certain window in the Samsung Gear or VR that says I cannot log in, even though the software is not loaded on the phone.  This seems very related to issue.

Please respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mzim-

Knowing you have a similar issue with your battery life is definitely concerning. To confirm, your phone's battery is draining and you are seeing an error message, correct? Are you getting an error message in regards to your battery or charger? I just want to make sure I touch base with the issues you are experiencing and help find the best solution. I look forward to working with you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NCISNUMBER1

I am having the same issues, how do I get it fixed?

0 Likes
mzim

Battery is draining and I am getting an error message that flashes on screen.

Re error message

From what I can decipher, it looks identical to the error message that displays when there is a 1amp charger instead of a 2 amp charger.  It flashes in less than 1/2 second, so hard to read the entire message, but definitely looks like an error related to the charger rather than a battery error.  Please understand this flashes when there is no charger attached to the phone and I only use a factory supplied charger with the phone.  While this occurs, phone charges very slowly on same Samsung charger that came with phone.

0 Likes