Note 7-Pixel xl-Note 8
MIKEFITZ151
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so got the runaround with the note 7 recall.  I had to turn in my note 7 the first time.  I was given a S7 edge which was sub par for what I need in a phone for my business.  I got the note 7 back! And I was glad I could use it again since the S7 edge was not even close to what I needed.  Then the note 7s where recalled for good.  I couldn't go back the S7 edge so I pushed the limit of turning my note 7 in so I could get a pixel XL to keep up with my business.  Since then it's been working just fine.  Now the note 8 is coming out.  All I see online is that S7 & S7 Edge owners that switched from a note 7 can upgrade to the note 8.  What I'm getting at is am I not able to upgrade to the note 8 since I didn't get a sub par S7 edge?  I didn't have a choice since my business can't be handled on such a small low storage phone btw I had 320gb total on my note 7.  Is there a way I can switch to the note 8 from my pixel XL once they come out?  You can have the pixel xl and it is in perfect condition. 

Re: Note 7-Pixel xl-Note 8
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I had the same problem I had both note 7 that were recalled. I finally had to trade in my phone before they sent out that update to limit the charging of the battery and got the S7 edge. I was just on my account and did not see anywhere that it said I could upgrade to Note 8.

ALL2GOOD22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue...i was forced out of my note 7 twice and just to try and stay loyal i went down to the S7 edge. Now from my understanding, we can't upgrade unless we pay the full price of the S7 edge off. Which totally sucks bc I had to go down from my note to the s7 that has turned out to be not so great! Samsung and the carriers didn't fully think it through and the customer ended up being [Removed] because if it.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You are so right they did not think the whole Note 7 through. From the recall to the credit to the customer. I unfortunately am stuck with this S 7 edge which would have been fine if I wanted the phone in the first place but I didn't that is why I wanted Note 7 it was bigger and faster then S 7 edge and had what I wanted at That Time. I can't afford a new phone every 2 yrs specially when then keep going up in price. My S 5 died after the update to marshmallow and got No help from Verizon or Samsung to get it fixed. I cringe every time there is a new update because I know I am on my own if something happens. There are a lot of people on here that have held off on the updates but everyday I come on here I am just looking for their post that says their phone updated over night by itself and now it does not work. Something really has to be done right for the consumer who keeps All these phone makers and cell phone services in business. After all We are the ones that are making them Billions.