Re: Note 7 Recall Details
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to add my related question:

If I chose to keep my Note 7 and it blows up a year from now do I have to pay for a new phone or will Samsung cover it?

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Yes sir, i tried this afternoon.   The CSR at Samsung repeatedlyassured me I needed to go thru Verizon for exchange fulfillment.

I then called Verizon and was offered a return  bag and mailing label for my return.  Verizon was not able to tell me if and when I would get a Note for Note exchange.  And they had no further information to offer.

If Crystal clear recall plans  are in place, then why doesn't Verizon seem to know their part in the endeavor? 

Again, looking for both parties to acknowledge a common plan and know who's on first and what's on second...

DANNEW81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to see verzonwireless leave the note 7 alone. There are some good features that verzonwireless has removed or changed.  Samsung cloud has been removed. Touch wiz gone. Device maintenance gone.

Please leave the replacement in its original state. These changes do not make the phone better they take away from the value/usefulness of the phone.

Vaporsilver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uh TouchWiz is a Samsung thing. Verizon doesn't skin OS's.

DANNEW81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info. That still doesn't explain the rest of the changes made especially the device maintenance removal. Sounds like a good feature just removed and not replaced with something better or at least as good.

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just talked to a Verizon rep and they have a Note 7 and they don't know anything either.  They don't know when replacement phones will be in.  I, too, questioned if the new Note 7s would be in before the Sep 30 date and the Verizon rep didn't know. 

I realize this is a Samsung issue, but it would seem that Verizon would better prepare their reps and be able to inform their customers.  I am going to wait it out to see what happens as I want a Note 7.  If I had wanted an S7 I would have bought that originally.  I think Verizon is trying to take the easy way out and I am not so sure Samsung will like that tactic.

Also, I find it interesting that this could have been a much easier fix if the batteries in Note 7s were replaceable.  Seems like a strategy backfired, pun intended.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

I must have missed where it says you can swap with another N7 when the situation is resolved. Can you tell us where that is?

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You can check the Verizon, Samsung, or other tech blogs.

0 Likes
Theresa82
Enthusiast - Level 1

1.Then they shouldn't be telling people in store that the replacements would be in this week.  (Especiallyafter they already switched to a phone they didn't want)

2.  Bought from Verizon but was told I couldn't return them without the receipt.

3.  Seriously?  I have more sense than to think I could return a used screen protector.  It's the case and chargers that I wanted to return.

4.  I already paid sales tax. More tax since it was a more expensive phone that was returned. Returned items generally mean returned money. Tax I paid on note 7 was around $65. Tax on the edge was $45. They should've returned money to me. And given me the $25 discount I was promised on new accessories.

5. I didn't stay in the store to use the phone and set up everything the way I liked. I went home like a normal person.  I was told after the swap that I could've waited a few days to swap back to the note 7.

Ok.

radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes that's the samsung official statement, but its up to the carrier to advise what the process will be. This will be my 3rd replacement so far, and does not bode well for my opinion of Samsung so far (my recent replacement was an issue with front facing camera). In my interpretation of Verizon's statement it says "return or exchange" .. so can I opt just to "return" it and get a full refund?? .. then with the full refund I can just buy another device? That's my only question.. Smiley Happy