Re: Note 7 Recall Details
ninjahh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have called Verizon twice today already. First time I was told that I could go to any Verizon location and they would swap out my current Note 7 with a new Note 7 and could easily transfer all my info over, etc.

I called the Verizon at the corner to make sure they had Note 7 in BLUE available before I traipsed up there. THEY told me that NO... they were NOT replacing Note 7's with new Note 7's. They have been instructed to take all Note 7's and replace with another phone. Period.

So, I call Verizon BACK and am given an different answer from this morning... that NO Note 7's were being replaced at all, and you could either get your money back or exchange for a different device entirely. I was told that they tried to do the exchange last week, but the new phones were all exploding too, so Verizon stopped everything and doesn't even plan on carrying the Note 7 until maybe the end of October or November....

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERY other carrier is offering an exchange. Even At&T, whose service is horrendous, is offering current Note 7 owners to exchange for an edge or Galaxy 7... and then when the new Note 7's come out they can then exchange for THAT.

What the hell Verizon?! If I wanted one of those other phones I would have bought one a LONG time ago...

I'm hoping all of this will change yet again...because this can't be real. Verizon cannot be this lame.

DANNEW81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called my local corporate store and was told that Samsung would let them know when the replacement note 7's would be available. I said I wanted to exchange for same phone and was not told I couldn't. They said I should check back next Monday.

Vaporsilver
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with my local store and they also said you COULD exchange Note for Note. He went on to say all 35 defective IMEIs have been received and it's just a piece of mind thing. Samsung had not let them know when they will be getting the Notes but you should receive an email from them when Verizon gets them. At that time you can do the exchange.

marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go into a store before the Replacement Note 7s are in, the only replacement the store can give you is what is in stock.   This only makes sense.  So the person you talked to is half right.  According to Verizon you will be able to exchange for another Note 7 or downgrade and get a refund for the difference.  Remember the replacements are not in the stores yet (as of 09/06/2016). As for me I will wait until they are or until 09/30/2016, whichever occurs first to turn my phone in.  If the new Note 7 is not in by the 30th than I will return my phone, make sure I get a receipt and wait to buy either the Note 7 when available or maybe wait for the S8 or Note 8.

JEFFOT78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got off the phone with Verizon. An option their rep discussed with me is to do nothing. The phone has a one year manufacturers warranty against defects. If you purchased the extended warranty, then you have even more time. The manufacturers warranty provides a new phone with no deductible, as the warranty covers defects and not an insurance issue-so you do not risk getting a refurbished phone either.

The number of phones involved at this ppint seems to be few. So, it looks as if the risk is fairly low. I am speculating that if the phone doesnt feel warm while charging, and mine doesn't, that it isn't likely it is an affected phone.

Just another perspective.

M

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

This whole affair is not being handled very well by Verizon.  Here are my experiences.

1. Visited one Verizon  store to discuss exchange and they know nothing and basically tried to talk me out of exchanging it.  Told me the problems occurred outside US.

2.  Visited another store and they told me if my phone wasn't hot it was OK.  And gave me a website to put in my IMEI to see if I had a bad battery.  The site was the Samsung site that said exchange your phones with your carriers.  When I asked if the phones are not in by Sep 30, they claimed they would wave the $35 restocking fee.

3.  Called Verizon and the person who answered acted  like they didn't know about the Note 7 issue and then told me to call this new number which turned out to be Samsung who told me that Verizon will be getting new phones in next week and they should exchange it.

I don't see that Verizon has any plan. No waiting list for exchanges to ensure you get what you want.  So I will be standing in line to try to exchange my phone while there are people trying to buy one for the first time.  While Samsung seems to be doing the right thing, Verizon seems clueless.

All in all, this is a Corporate Verizon's issue as they are not putting out good information for their help desk nor their stores.  The stores seem to think I would be happy with an S7.  If I wanted an S7, I would have purchased that originally.  The only thing the 3 Verizon contacts have in common is the desire to get rid of you with some quick answer. 

Extremely poor management on Verizon Corporate's part.

I did talk to Samsung and advised them that Verizon is giving information that is not in concert with Samsung's policy which could be an issue for Samsung.

JAMM54
Enthusiast - Level 2

You hit the nail on the head with posting the notice we all got from Verizon Wireless USA return replacement policy. We can all get another Note 7 as they come available. Samsung says it should be in the next week or so. I will take my Note 7 in in the next day or so and use my Galaxy S5 in the interim. Thank you for posting the obvious.....

TDUB5683
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called customer service today, and their answer was if it goes past September 30th I'm stuck with phone. When I asked what my options were, they told me to either exchange it before the 30th so I could have an additional 14 days to return the phone I switch to(and pay a restock fee if they do get more Note 7's in within the 14 days) , or I could invest in insurance for my Note 7. So they pretty much told me ways how they could get more money from me.

zachandjess2904
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am contacting my lawer now. This is ridiculous and unacceptable on so many levels

mwwall63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got off the phone and the lady was actually not very friendly about the matter. Apparantly if you make payments on your phone you must pay for another and then get a refund on your bill. If you paid the $299 for a 2 year contract you will simply get a new one in the mail with a return package for the first one. The date is unknown, hence the notice of "within a week" is a total crock. She said I would receive a notification from Samsung and then I'd be able to get the exchange from Verizon. [removed] I went easy on her for the effort but made it clear the Verizon response was actually WORSE than has been Samsung's! And I genuinely believe that...unfortunately.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator