Re: Note 7 Recall Details
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

What makes you think that they haven't been in "proper" communication with Samsung? Samsung says when the Note 7 issue is corrected we will replace with a new Note 7. The other carriers say the same thing. Samsung says nothing about REPLACING your Note 7 with a Note 7.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Yet I keep reading press articles stating the Big 4 carriers in the US... including Verizon, have satisfactory plans in place.

Verizon may have a plan or maybe not.  But Verizon certainly isn't offering any information to give anybody an answer.   If there was sufficient informstion provided, there wouldn't be so many customers upset asking over and over what's the real plan.

Here's an article in Forbes for your reading pleasure.

Samsung's Note 7 Recall Process Has Been Great In The U.S., But Terrible In Asia

BILLGATO1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to Costco earlier today and spoke to the cell phone salespeople.  I was told that Verizon was going to ship replacement Note 7 phones (same color as ordered originally) and you would have to send back your Note 7.

I hope this is true because it sounds like a great way to take care of the recall issue.

Billy

pherson
Champion - Level 1

What makes you think they HAVE?! Unless you sitting in on those meetings you have no idea as the next person. Pipe it down it's just a phone.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And that's what they have been saying. One of the problems is you have these people crying over a phone, complaining, making their own interpretations because they are emotional, etc. These days people will look for any reas to complain or try to be sue happy due to their own idiosyncrasies.

0 Likes
Kaypain
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all, how much Verizon paying you?

Second, this issue is more than just "it's just a phone." bullcrap you talking about.

Third, it's recalled for a reason. Even the CPSC is urging consumers to stop using them.

CPSC Urges Customers to Stop Charging, Using Samsung's Note 7 | NBC 6 South Florida

These phones cost $900 so you can miss me with all that noise.

Verizon is handling this very poorly and I dont care about your excuses.

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

The major point is that Verizon has not issued any information that I have seen.  The only post on here with instructions was actually a Samsung notice not Verizon.  It would seem that Verizon could quell a lot of unease with stating they are developing a plan and it is forthcoming, but their silence coupled with inconsistent solutions is unacceptable.

It starts at the top and the top is not doing its job.  I can't blame the individual stores as they are not getting good guidance.

So yes this is an emotional issue.  Phones are a significant part of people's lives and when they are unsafe and  Verizon has little to say on their plans, it is poor customer service.  No information always leads to people creating their own views of what will happen.

Oh, and I must add that their arbitrary Sep 30 date for not charging restocking fees has not helped the situation.  It created an artificial deadline without any further word on when the new Note 7s would be in.  That in turn caused people to believe they had to trade down as they had no timeline on availability of the Note 7s.  The restocking fee is ridiculous considering these Note 7s are going back to Samsung and not back into Verizon's inventory and all Verizon handling will be paid by Samsung.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

They are paying me as much as they are paying you. The news media is supposed to artificially hype things up and create mass hysteria. And it is just a phone. An overpriced phone that people are led to believe will poop rainbows and sprinkle butterflies.

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Just a couple of things in response to your comments. First off you said "They cannot have "A PLAN" if they themselves havent been communicated to properly by Samsung." For which I asked how do you know they haven't? It makes no sense whatsoever for any business to not be in Communication with the businesses who sale their products. That argument makes no sense! Secondly, to your comment of "Pipe it down it's just a phone". For someone who by his own admission doesn't even own a Note 7 you sure do have a lot of rude comments and opinions for those of us who do! I have read the recall threads from day one because those of us who own the Note 7 want to know how to REPLACE our Note 7 WITH a new Note 7. I have seen you bashing person after person for whatever reason and it makes no sense to me, it isn't helpful, warranted, or wanted, and why you care to do so when you don't even own the phone is ridiculous.

PhoneExplodes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pherson:

Listen, you aren't being helpful and you obviously enjoy confrontation. You don't have a Note 7, so please resign yourself to be silent on this subject.

If trolling a phone forum for people who are concerned about their phone's recall information is a good time for you... please find somewhere else to go and be snarky.

Thanks.