Re: Note 7 Recall Details
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I have been a contributing community member for years and there is no trolling. Just because I don't have the phone doesn't mean I don't see unreasonableness when I see it. I merely speak logic.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And if most of people complaining were really that concerned you would have been returned it and weighed your options afterwards.

0 Likes
PhoneExplodes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pherson:

Perhaps the Note 7 owners like myself want to hear a more exact plan from Verizon Wireless on the phone exchange since both Samsung and VZW have not provided specific details on timing, downgrade/upgrade, exact costs/returns, what Note 7 owners who ordered from online are to do, etc.

You are in no position to speak to what people are truly concerned with as it can be any number of situations that you aren't intimately familiar. Frankly, none of us owe you an explanation to address your perceived "unreasonableness" to your satisfaction.

As someone who worked at VZW for a number of years in a corporate capacity, VZW is dropping the ball on this as compared to my past experiences with them. People are frustrated. If that's not to your liking, feel free to disengage from the conversation rather than seeking to be less than constructive. If you don't recognize your posts as potentially agitating, then perhaps that is an area where you could use exercises in self-reflection to view your comments through the eyes of others.

Scolding people on your sense of "logic" isn't helpful, so I don't see you making a contribution to be helpful but merely acting dismissive and a bit condescending.

This will be the last I post on the matter as I believe to have made myself perfectly clear.

Jd1010
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) has weighted in with their edict to power off to N7 owners to power off their devices and stop using them Samsung has modified their recall statement that replacement Note 7's will be availables after the CPSC has approved them.

Who knows how long that approval will take? No one. It's the federal government.

Sooooo, even though I was intending to keep and use my N7 until replacement phones were available, I've decided to cut my losses and exchange my beloved N7 for the S7 Edge. As a matter of fact, I did just that a couple of hours ago. My local Verizon store made it quick and simple. I'm stuck with the Edge. Period.

Boooo!

Reasons for changing my mind:

1. CPSC involvement. Could be a good thing, but since they warned us to turn off and discontinue use, my insurance guy said coverage for a fire caused by the device might be questionable. Accepting risk that can be recovered is one thing, but if it isn't, the game changes.

2. I just want this to be over. Now it's over.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'll be completely honest. I honestly do feel bad for the ones who truly wanted this phone and the experience blow up in their face. I'm sure it was not samsungs intentions; and I guess if I was in some shoes I would feel the same way but I tend to be reasonable having worked with electronics and customer service in some shape and fashion for 20 years. My brother swears by his s7; I was always team galaxy. This won't leave a taste in my mouth especially since I had to go apple, but I would get a Galaxy again. I haven't lost faith. Y'all shouldn't either.

0 Likes
THURSTON_C_MOSLEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just across the wire, looks like verizon should give loners until the N7 is back on shelves...

Exchange Program

Galaxy Note7

Updated – Sept. 9 2016

Announcement

In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now, as part of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available.
  2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

estrada_jose13
Enthusiast - Level 2

No Sir I don't believe so its states that select carriers and retail outlets will provide loaners nothing states verizon will.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

That's why it said "select". It appears Samsung now wants some carriers to foot the bill as well; unless they are reimbursing said carriers. But the Galaxy J7 is a low end budget device which actually is pretty nice. Once users see that they may wanna keep it, at a fraction of the cost. The J7 is a Galaxy retailed at 239.99. The note 7 is 500 plus more, and there's not much difference with the naked eye and they are close in size. Real talk.

CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

I talked to a sales rep at the corporate store near my house yesterday and she said that they are just waiting for the shipment of the new Note 7's. We can exchange our phones then. It should be about another 2 weeks. I would go into the corporate store in your area and talk to them. Also go under settings select battery and take off the fast charging and switch to medium battery saving mode that will prevent the battery from getting hot.

CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I went to go get one yesterday and I was told that the store did not have any j phones. The lady sounded like they were not participating in the loaner program.