Re: Note 7 Recall Details
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well that is good news but I have to admit my ignorance.  What is a Verizon store vs. a Verizon Corporate Store? 

RICWOL93
Enthusiast - Level 2

A Verizon store and a "corporate store" are the same thing.  It is a store ran by Verizon.  An authorized retailer is like a Radio Shack or Best Buy etc.

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, understand.  That was who I dealt with on my last two forays on my Note issue and they didn't seem to be very clued in.  Maybe they got the "memo" now and I will be pleasantly surprised.  Thnx for the explanation.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Click on the store locator and check the box that says don't show authorized retailers before putting in your zip code

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

I went to my local Verizon store and they sent me to a Corporate store. I don't know the difference, both have a big sign out front that says "VERIZON"

H_ILLARY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my note 7 online as well and called Verizon customer service this morning. The lady told me they wont send me a new phone until i send my note 7 back to them which is b.s. so they then told me to go to a corporate store and they will exchange my phone with a loaner until the new note 7 comes out. I drive an hour to a corporate store and they say yes they can exchange my phone but i won't get a loaner I have to keep what they give me. Since the recall is through Samsung I need to go to the Samsung store in best buy. I go there and they say yes they can put me on a list to let me know when the new note 7 comes out but they can't take my old phone cuz I bought it through Verizon so I would have to give my phone back to Verizon get a refund and then get the new phone from them... or just wait till the new note 7 comes out and exchange it then.  So after all this I will again have to drive an hourz to exchange when it finally comes out or send my phone back to them and go a week without a phone. RIDICULOUS

H_ILLARY
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the opposite of what they told me

PHIBON33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today, 9/10/16, I called the Verizon 611 line.  They said submit a manufacturers warrantee claim and the manufacturer (Samsung) would send me a new phone when they are available.  I said no thank you as that seemed contradictory to everything I've read so far.  Then went into a Verizon corporate store ... They said bring the box, charger, phone, everything in and exchange it for another (non-Note7) phone.  Then, if and when Samsung starts shipping new Note7s (they estimated Nov/Dec), I can choose to come back in and exchange again (if I still have the energy by then).  I said why can't I simply wait until the new Note7s arrive then come in and swap?  My phone is synced with my corporate security, email, etc., so it is a bit of a hassel to keep setting up a new phone.  He said if I didn't swap by Sept 30 that I'm on my own and would have to turn it in as a defective phone under insurance, pay the deductible, etc.

Here's the thing ... WHY is there so much contradictory information from different sources OF THE SAME COMPANY?  This is a product defect.  They should campaign replacing the phone to all owners as soon as the new phones are available, no conditions, no time limits, no possibility of incurring additional costs!  There should be simple instructions on how this campaign will work, how owners are notified when/where their replacement phone is available, and it should be consistently communicated via email, from the 611 service techs, the in-store reps, everyone wearing a Verizon shirt.  They should be communicating to us this process, not requiring that we reach out to them.  They know our phone numbers, their databases show which Note7s are tied to which lines and accounts.  They have all the data they need to proactively reach out and campaign this plan.

Verizon ... Step up your game.

pruqui
Enthusiast - Level 3

just got off the phone with samsung and was told the new Note 7's should be in the stores next week

BLUEWIND001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Funny. 

So I went to a Verizon Corporate Store today, to ask about my Note 7 as well.

The person whom I was talking to, came to me and what I'd like to do.

So I said "I would like to get a non-exploding Note 7 please".

He said then I should hold onto my unit till new one comes in first week of October.

I asked "what about the restocking fee?" - and he says they will waiver it.

Then I asked "what if my phone explodes?"

His answer was..

"Trust me, it won't explode"  (Really?  In my mind, I was thinking that every one of those unfortunate ones who had their phones blow up was thinking the same.)

Well, at that point, I just shrugged off and told him "well then I will be very careful with this till then" and walked off. 

Upon hearing so many different encounters on this matter, I think I just have to wait it out a few more days till Verizon or Samsung does something about it.  What bothers me though, is that the CSPS(?) stepping in - which would just slow down the whole process.  I hear that the hoverboard issue, took 6 months to solve.  By then, GS8 would be out, and perhaps even a new note.

I could have picked up some other phone, but I chose Note 7 for what it is.  It really is the best phone that fits my need, and all the others, including S7E, just seemed like a downgrade.