Re: Note 7 Recall Details
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

What's it say in writing on what you signed? 

That's what will occur, regardless of what was sent in a private email to an employee. 

Kellysnh
Enthusiast - Level 1

They issue a full refund for the note, then you sign a new contract for the new phone. (You could just keep the new phone if you decided to.) He told me to save my receipt for the note as proof of the exchange when the new note 7's are out.

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had a good experience at my local Verizon store just now.  Arrived and they asked why I was there and I told them to get a loaner and turn in my Note 7.  They didn't even blink.  In about 5 minutes I had a very personable rep helping me and my big decision was whether I wanted an S7 or S7Edge.  After 30 minutes I had a new phone, a note in my account that indicated it was a loaner til the new Note 7 arrives, and a conversation with the manager who assured me that they understood that it was a loaner until the Note 7 arrived.

They have no idea when the Note 7 will arrive.  The manager told me to keep checking the website as right now they don't have a list to call people back.

Very professional and customer friendly.  Hoping the switch back to the Note 7 is as easy.  Kudos to my Verizon store in Virginia!

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Did you sign a new contract for the Edge with the assurance that you could trade for the Note 7 when it returns? Did they put it in writing? Just wondering because I am going Thursday to do the same thing. The store is about 25 miles out of my way.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

They told me yesterday that they would do the same thing for me but I didn't have all my accessories with me at the time

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep had to sign a new contract but they notated in my file (I saw them type it in) that this was a loaner.  It seems to be pretty common so I am pretty sure that Verizon can't "forget" all these loaner transactions.

A friend of mine traded hers in in GA and they told her that Samsung was paying the fees for the loaner phones and not the customers.  I wasn't told that.  All I was told was that I got a refund for the difference in taxes and that my bill would reflect the monthly cost for the cheaper phone. 

The transaction was pleasant.  Just wondering how long til the new NOtes.  My friend said they told her they would be in next week.  I wonder if Samsung can pass all the Gov approvals that fast.  Thinking not.....

Good luck with your transaction

Noodle08
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now when I went into the Verizon store today to return my N7(14 days were gonna be up by Tues), I was told to call 611 to file that same claim to get a new note 7 sent directly to me. After waiting 15-20 minutes to talk to a rep, the guy had NO idea what I was talking about SMH. This is ridiculous. I never even received an email or text from Verizon about the recall and I just got the Samsung email in my promotions(junk) folder 3 days ago. The N7 is a great phone but there's poor communication from both companies.

brigetterad
Contributor - Level 1

I searched for any comments concerning what all needs to be turned in to Verizon, but didn't see anything.  Are we returning everything including the box (charging cable, the two usb connectors, earbuds) or are we returning the phone only?  I would hate to give up everything to later find out that I should have kept everything but the phone (I will be taking the loaner and waiting for the new N7).  Also,  I assume I should factory reset my phone before handing it over?  I've already Smartswitched my info to my PC.    Thanks.

marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

I packed up my Note 7 and reverted to a Note 5.  My choice.

The biggest problem I see is that Verizon is not committing to anything.  This is typical of Verizon.  Verizon could, but won't, come out and issue one single corporate policy on this that will be updated quickly as things change.

This would require Verizon to change its corporate mentality and try to take care of their customers. Unless Verizon can figure out a way to monotize this, they will not come out with anything. Remember, unlike Samsung, Verizon puts profits ahead of us and our safety.  At least Samsung is trying to do the right thing.

rcschnoor
Legend

marc10406 wrote:

Remember, unlike Samsung, Verizon puts profits ahead of us and our safety. At least Samsung is trying to do the right thing.

You're joking, right? Samsung is not thinking about our safety, only about how much this would have cost them had they NOT recalled their devices.

Samsung puts profits just as far to the front as any other company, even Verizon. I find the amount of apps available for their proprietary smartwatches LAUGHABLE yet they don't even allow you to browse said apps until AFTER you purchase one of these device. THAT is "putting profits ahead of us". It just so happens that in the case of the Note 7, the safety of consumers luckily happens to coincide with the least costly path Samsung could take with this fiasco.

0 Likes