Re: Note 7 Recall Details
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Arrg, I am sooo jealous.  I have to work from 6am to 6pm tomorrow. I wonder how many units the store I am dealing with got in. Lol, this is making me nuts 

pruqui
Enthusiast - Level 3

i decided to look at the website and found that a few stores have them and i am pretty sure you will have yours after work

Jsteelmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to two local stores this morning, stood in two lines only to have them run out of phones,  mostly because they started handling exchanges yesterday.

If you are as impatient as I am or don't want to play Verizon Store Whack-a-Mole you CAN call Verizon and have them ship you a Note 7 in the color of your choosing.

I even have an S7 Edge to turn in but they are still shipping me the Note 7. I just have to ship back the S7 Edge will all the accessories that came in the box in order to square up my account.

Happy hunting!

H_ILLARY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are they just sending you a new one or do you have to return the other phone before they'll ship out the new one

Jsteelmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are shipping the Note7 along with a box to return the S7 Edge.

You can opt for free two day shipping but I wanted mine tomorrow so I paid an extra $13 for overnight.

H_ILLARY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called and they said that must have happened to you in error. And i have to go to a store. And they are all selling out quickly. They are selling to people who didn't originally have the note 7 which I thought they were gonna make sure we were replaced 1st. So I guess I'll have to drive an hour snd pray they have one because thry won't hold one for me either

Jsteelmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure why they weren't as helpful for you, sorry.

I forgot to mention in my original post that at the stores I went to they offered to order one for me and have it shipped to my house as well, which is pretty much the same thing they did for me when I called Verizon directly.

quotedbyelena
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that I needed the box to exchange my Note 7 for another. I tried doing the right thing by exchanging it even though I've had no problems with it so that I could avoid those annoying pop ups about powering down my phone. The store told me to get there before Friday because they'd run out. I took time off of work to get there only to leave empty handed. Now what?

H_ILLARY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok well maybe that'll happen for me if they are out but they said since I still have the original note I can only exchange it in the store because there are special packaging guidelines when returning the old one

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I visited two Verizon stores.  And am still using my loaner.

Store 1 is out of Note 7s already (at 1PM).  They expect more in this evening and told me to come back tomorrow at 10AM.  When I told them I worked and couldn't get there til Friday they said that would be too late and they would not have anymore.  I asked if they were selling to new people, not just exchanging and they claim they are NOT selling to new.  I asked about availability and the Sep 30 date and was told I HAD to exchange my loaner by Sep 30 or pay the restocking fee.  And that they really had no idea how many there were getting, color or when.  I asked about ordering online like I did originally and they said no, that I had to come to the store.

Store 2:  They were having network or phone issues and basically ignored me until I asked if they could just answer a question.  When I asked about Note 7s they said that no stores in the area had any (altho the other Verizon I visited was no more than 5 miles away and they had them this AM) and that they wouldn't get them until next week according to their regional mgr.  This guy did say if they didn't get them in the Sep 30 date was not an issue.

So I guess the expectation is that everyday I go stand in line at Verizon at 10AM to find if they have any phones.  Sadly with an expensive phone, it requires most people to go to work to be able to pay for it and NOT standing in line daily.

Once again, Verizon's lack of process and information makes it difficult for those that were not standing in line right at 10AM today.  

Can't blame the store managers...they are only getting bits and pieces of info.