Note 7 Refunding
Kittichai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I am Kittichai [Removed]. I have a big problem with the customer severvice. Since you recall Note7 due to battery problem. I have returned my phone the Verizon shop at Tiger town in Auburn, AL since 10/15/2015. I also returned the SIM card, because I don't have any phone that can work with Verizon. I suppose to close my account on that time, but the suggested me to keep account open, because they can track the process of refunding by sent the check ( about 900+ $) to my billing address. I bought this phone with retail price by my debit card.

These is the story that your employee lie to me. After I have been waiting for the check for 2 months (2 cycle bills), I do not get my check. I called to the customer service. They made the process to reissue the check to me, and let me waited for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I still do not my check. I called them again, they told me to wait 1 more week. After that, I still don't get the check. This time they excuse that they mail system might be late because of holiday, and told me to wait 1 more week. Recently, 1/3/2017 the customer service check all the process for me. She said the check was never sent out to my address that means I have been waiting for nothing. I don't why the customer service gave me different answers. I would like to know what exactly happen with my check. I have the recording of the conversation, so I have the evidence.

Please give me the solution ASAP. 

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Re: Note 7 Refunding
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Wow I hope you get this settled soon.It is such a shame that a company like Verizon messed this up so bad.We got the$100. credit for the 2 phones we had but never did get the $25. for the first round of recalls. Please let us know when you get this straighten out 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for taking time to work with us. Please send a message via Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/verizonwireless or tweet us at http://www.twitter.com/vzwsupport so we can offer more personalized support and look into this further. 

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AHEDRICK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow. I thought you simply took it back to the store and closed your account and got your money back. I didn't know this was an issue. Please let me know how this works out. I've been an idiot holding on to this phone because I didn't want any other phone thinking maybe the S8 plus would be the next best thing or that the note 8 would be coming out soon...or that we may get the half off deal like south korea on the s8...but now I've been paying since September on a phone I haven't touched.

Kittichai
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have talked with Verizon team by live chat. Now I got my credit back to my account, but it is not correct. They gave me 844$ instead 944$ that means they try to steal my money 100$. Moreover they took my money off about 108$ for the due of two months. However, I returned the phone and sim card since 10/15/2016 that means I did not use the service after this time. I have to keep account open, because they need to process the refund. The check suppose to be sent to my home about 2 weeks that I already told. Recently, I talked with Verizon team on live chat. They told me the supervisor will call me back in 2 hours. I have been waiting for 2 days for nothing, so I talked with them again on live chat and the rep told me that his supervisor will call me today (08/01/2017), but my phone still silent. I think if they don't contact me by today. I might have to talk with the lawer.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Keep us posted please

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

You may need to continue back with the chat.  What I found in several phone calls and chats is that customer service reps are not co-located and can be anywhere and it is no secret Verizon has failed to get consistent and updated information out to all its reps.

Before you call, have your receipts in front of you. Make sure you can account, to the day, the exact amount of what the costs incurred.  Making the assumption you are talking about 1 phone, you should have gotten a check for, or your method of payment credited, the cost of the phone, upgrade fees and related taxes. You did not indicate if you purchased a new phone through Verizon, I am guessing you did not based on your comment.  In that case, you would be eligible for the $25.00 inconvenience credit as well but that would be automatically credited directly to your Verizon account; have you checked your account billing the past couple of billing cycles to see if you had any credits applied?  As well, did you have to pay off a phone to get the Note 7?  That might be a cause of some of the amount discrepancies as well as those fees would not apply to the Note 7 recall.  In effect, it would have paid off the previous phone and zeroed out any amounts owed, which would have to be done anyway before you would be allowed to close the account.

As for the account non-use, that also needs to be explained to the customer service rep.  As long as the account is open it is going to be charged, regardless if a device is registered.  Until this is cleared, I would drop the account type to the lowest possible plan to ease back the fees. 

As for theft of funds, I don't think they are trying to steal money.  The process of this return has been painful all around but eventually it will get straightened out.  As for waiting for a supervisor to call, ignore those offers Smiley Happy, I haven't seen one work yet.

Kittichai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your suggestion, I am strongly agree. They gave me all the credit back to my account. I talked with rep through live chat, and they fixed these problem within 1 week that I am very impressed. In my opinion, customer services on call center cannot solve this problem effectively. These can make them lose a lot of reliability from the customers. I believe if anyone has any problem, live chat is the best way to get the solution. Now, I am going to close my account and the check should be sent to my address within 1 or 2 weeks. When I get my check, I will update to all you.

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

You experience is disheartening but reflects the weakness of some of the reps and their supervisors in the call centers.

Just have to stick with it. Fortunately, accounting is numbers that is not easy to fudge. Eventually you get someone who sees the problem and fixes it for you.

0 Likes