Re: Note 7 Replacement Trade in for Note 8
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

OK, this makes much better sense from a business and customer satisfaction standpoint. 

I guess I can understand, to a point, why this wasn't offered up at first..the challenges of changing over all of those accounts may have been a little dicey, but, it looks like they have gotten everything in place.

I just may be heading to my Verizon Corporate in the next couple of days...hopefully this is consistent.

Bluid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone have any more info or links on the new promotion (the one Kidcrosby mentions)? I have 3 S7 edges on my account that I'd like to upgrade to Note 8s, but am anticipating a nightmare trying to get them to do it.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I did a pretty exhaustive search and can't locate any published information...it may be an in-store option only.

LAUMAZ92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everyone!

I called Verizon customer service today

(8-21-17) and finally found out that they have a different deal for former Note7 owners(but not all-see at the bottom).

Basically,  they credit your replacement phone (I have S7 edge as a replacement for the Note7) So no more paying off tge replacement phone.

Then once I have the new Note 8,  then trade in paperwork will be done through customer service to receive the 50% off promotion on the Note 8.  It will take one pay cycle to get the 50% off the Note 8. So basically,  one month of the $40 monthly Note 8 payment,  but once the 50% goes through,  you get a $20 credit for that one payment,  then the monthly payment for the Note 8 will be $20!

Also was told that not every note 7 owner will receive this deal.  I imagine due to what your replacement phone was,  loyal-long time customer,  payments made,  etc…  I assuming.

Hope this makes sense?!    I'm happy!

Wish you  well and good luck,  as I am done and shouldn't be back here…

0 Likes
tekkiechik

Like everyone else here , i too was part of the Note 7 debacle.  Like one of the other posters, i too had a aug, sept, oct timeline with note 7's and finally my current s7 edge.  when i finally had to give up my 2nd note 7 i opted for the s7edge because of the rebates that were offered if I stayed with samsung.  like im sure many of us did, we were told to "upgrade" online.  before i even submitted my order i saw that the s7edge no longer had the new every year (50% paid) and immediately enlisted the help of a chat rep.  this chat rep advised that the s7 edge still qualified for the promotion and that it would show up once i received and activated it.

a few days later via fedex my phone arrived.  however, for some reason this time it required a signature (previous note 7 was left at the door).  now i had to sit in traffic to get to my local fedex office where it sat (because i wouldnt be home the time of delivery on following attempts).  finally got the phone, activated it and went into my account the next day- only to find out that i was in a 2 year payoff and not what was promised.

several phone calls, chat transcripts and store visits to which i was promised it would be corrected (which it never was) and i was fed up!  finally i spoke to a phone rep who said that i would have to wait until i was ready to upgrade for verizon to correct everything.   months later and here we are.

i chatted with a rep about 2 weeks ago regarding another phone on my account and then confirmed that the promises that were previously made were in fact noted on my account.  well they said they were so i had a chance today to call to upgrade.  i made sure to direct the CS rep that i spoke to to the notes that the chat rep of 2 weeks ago left.  i was briefly put on hold and when the rep came back he said that he had to put a ticket in to have the phone payment contract corrected to be upgrade eligible and that it would also be put back into the new every year.

i was told that it could take up to 72 hours and that i should receive a call then to let me know it was completed.

now i sit and wait-- hopefully the issue is resolved once and for all.

0 Likes