Note 7 Return Question- Am I asking for to much?
koko11

So I have  Note 7 and have been waiting to see what actually happens. I came from an Iphone and at this point have had enough and am going back. I went and was first in line this morning at our local corporate store only to be told they had no plus models at all in stock, so they ordered one with of course a delivery date of next month. They said to hold on to my note until then and then return it. I now see Samsung has a IMIE checker to see if your note is affected. I put in my info and it says "Attention:Your Galaxy Note7 is an affected device and is subject to this recall. It is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down immediately and contact your carrier or retail outlet to exchange it."

Up until now I was not really worried and blew off the whole thing but now if Samsung is saying I have a defective battery I no longer feel at ease. I do not want any other Samsung phone, at this point do not want another note 7, Samsung has left a bad impression on me and definitely do not want to just get the same phone I turned in which was a 6s plus and pay for it again all over.

I called Verizon and they said they have no options for me. I can only wait until my order is processed to turn it in or turn it in now and be without a phone.

Am I asking to much and am I wrong if I go to my corporate store and demand a loaner phone until the my Iphones is sent? Is it my fault Samsung has left me unsatisfied and I no longer want their phone? I feel like I am but if this mess wouldn't have happened I would not even think about trading it in. On the other hand shouldn't I be given something that IS SAFE until they can process my order? Their is blame to go around everywhere but I feel my, the customer, is the only one feeling the burden, of course other than Samsungs market share.

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Return Question- Am I asking for to much?
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

here thinking the same, feeling the same. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

koko11,

We definitely want you to have all the information you need to make this recall process less of a headache. We certainly have options available to you, but it really depends on the phone you would ultimately want. Currently you have the option to exchange your current Note7 for any other device without fees until 09/30. However, the new iPhone may not be the most convenient choice given the ship time. In this case, you could still return your current Note7 and activate a spare until the iPhone arrives.

0 Likes
koko11

Verizon Customer Support,

That is really no help to customers who pay a premium for your service monthly. Saying something is not convenient for Verizon is actually a slap in the face to all your customers. Do you think this is convenient for us?  We did not ask for this, I was happy with my note 7 but the whole mess just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and although there is a 99.9% chances nothing will happen, Verizon acts like they don't care. It is not like Verizon is not getting reimbursed for this fiasco. Leaving customers with the option of keeping a POTENTIALLY dangerous phone or find a friend who has a old one is pure garbage. Why should a customer have to settle for a phone that they pay another premium for just so they don't have to carry around a POTENTIAL bomb in their pocket. Sure that is a little extreme but is the truth.

Luckily for myself we have some good customer service here locally. I went back to the store where I preordered the IPhone this morning. They agreed to swap out the note 7 for an s7 edge, cancel my pre order and then reordered the IPhone 7 plus again. Why is this not policy anyways?

0 Likes