Note 7 Return "upgrade fee"
oOBobOo

I noticed that I was charged a $20.00 upgrade fee to replace my recalled Galaxy Note 7 to a Edge 7 ( which is really a downgrade )

Really ?? Charging a $20.00 fee on a recall ?

I think that should be against the law ,,, and it might be .. will have to check ...

In the mean time ,, any thoughts ?

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Return "upgrade fee"
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

oOBobOo, I understand the concern with being charged the upgrade fee again. It will be credited back to you due to you paying one already. It just has to be paid charged upfront to complete the order.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Atann2016
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Try buying the phone as a new customer. You may  see that the upgrade fee is added to the first bill and not charged to you upfront. To make matters worse, you paid tax for a phone that you are no longer paying for and on top of that, the checkout side bar has a promotion to wave the upgrade fee yet it is not  calculated into the total. Keeping that in mind, where did that TAX go?  I never received that 25$ either. I may have to contact the office of  John Stratton if we are not treated with the care that Verizon is known to provide at times like this.

CHABLO79
Enthusiast - Level 1

WHY does it have to be paid up front by people trying to comply with the recall but NOT by a new customer?  This is a slap in the face.  I don't want to return my Note 7 in the first place and now Verizon is putting roadblocks in my way. 

0 Likes
Tp1011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had a question about "expedited shipping" which was said to be happening on all returns.  I ordered my replacement like Verizon suggested on 10/12 (wed) and will not receive my phone till 10/17 (mon)!!  How is that expedited shipping?  We r suppose to be without phones for almost a week? 

0 Likes
justcatharine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just emailed the US Consumer Product Safety Commission to inform them that Verizon is charging an upgrade fee and taxes on individuals trying to return the Note 7, a phone both Samsung and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission have deemed to be dangerous.  I told them my concern is that many Note 7 owners cannot afford to pay upfront fees and are therefore stuck with a phone that could explode.  Hopefully someone will get in Verizon's [Removed] for this.

On a side note, I downgraded to a s7 edge through best buy's website.  Didn't have to pay an upgrade fee but did have to pay taxes.  But I got a free crap Samsung TV with it so not too horrible.  I still think we should be able to retain our upgrade eligibility for when the Note 8 comes out.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

CHABLO79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just downgraded to the Edge 7 today and mine won't even be shipped till the 18th. 

0 Likes
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want nothing but your happiness and safety, Atann2016. We are refunding any monies that were paid towards the Note 7 including your accessories and taxes. Here is more information for you. http://vz.to/2eoiuK7  Please refer to Question 5 regarding your upgrade fee. Your $25.00 credit will also be applied to your account. Please see Question 4.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand the urgency of the situation Tp1011, were committed to process all upgrades and replacements as soon as possible. I apologize for any delay on your order. You can confirm order status online at http://vzw.com/OrderStatus at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

CHABLO79 did you order the edge in black? If so it has been backordered and that's why it couldn't ship out right away.

0 Likes