Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Note 7 online order cost me
RAIMAN522000

I ordered my note 7 online and have had it since august 19th. I called verizon about the recall and they told me to take my phone to a physical store and have it exchanged. I went to the store and everything went well but I had to pay a $40 upgrade fee to exchange my recalled device for a new, safer, one. My question is, should I have to pay a $40 upgrade fee? This doesnt seem fair especially since its not my fault the phone was recalled.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 7 online order cost me
bearone21
Leader

no

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know I would be asking the same thing if I was charged two upgrade fees, RAIMAN522000. 

I am happy to help with this and find a solution. I just sent you a private message so I can get access to your account for review. I look forward to your response.

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DORDIX68

I was actually told that I would have to pay the $60 taxes AGAIN and that AGAIN it will be credited to my account..so Verizon gets paid 3 times...

0 Likes
kathy65793

If it wasn't for the taxes and they charged you for an upgrade I would go and get my money back

0 Likes
kathy65793

I had to pay the taxes again for the phones but I will have to say they credited my account for it.

Don't understand why they charged me for it in the first place since about 2 hours after I put it on my credit card they credited it back.

0 Likes
RAIMAN522000

So i spoke to a customer service rep on the phone and it wasnt an upgrade fee, it was a restock fee i was charged. They also renewed my contract without my consent, so make sure you check that if any of you exchanged your note 7's today (i still use 2yr contracts). Luckily the customer service rep i had was amazing and understood exactly what was going on and fixed all of it. To clarify the contract renewal issue i had transfered upgrade from phone A to phone B to pre order the note 7. So phone A's new contract ended on 8-15-18 but phone B's contract ended on 10-25-16. When i checked phone B's contract line it was changed to 9-21-18 for renewal, luckily this was fixed.

0 Likes
MILLERHSTEPHEN

I paid 80.oo + dollars myself.

0 Likes