Note 7 questions on return policies.
mjstaffo

I have a note 7 purchased after the 1st recall was over and the replacement phone was deemed safe. I traded in a LG G4 and got the $300.00 credit. as part of my upgrade. I would like to replace my note 7 with the LG V20 that Verizon announced today that they were going to carry. Since they did not announce a release date, and I do not want to keep using this hand warmer of a phone until the V20 is released. My questions are 1) can I get a temporary phone until the release of the V20? 2) How is the $300.00 credit going to be handled with the return of the note 7? 3) I bought a wireless charger at best buy for $40 and it is supposedly built to exclusively work with Samsung phones. Do I eat that wasted purchase?

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 questions on return policies.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Since they can not return you the LG G4 and you already received the $300 credit, I imagine that portion of the deal is closed.

I have not seen where they are offering loaner phones, it would be up to you to find/barrow/buy a used device to use while you wait for the phone you want. Check Craiglist, I recently sold a perfectly working LG G2 for less than $100.

Bring the Best Buy receipt, see if they will give you some in store credit for all accessories.

0 Likes
Gguard

When I wanted to go back to the iPhone after the fiasco with the Note 7, they are now giving a 450.00 credit. However, now they want me to pay 300.00 and then they will pay back the 450.00 over 24 months. I asked if I could put on next month's bill or just give me 150.00 to offset rhe 300 I already received. They have refused to do this . I can't Upgrade unless I give them 300.00 cash ! I visited a store and also called Verizon directly.

Very frustrating since we do not have much choice but to return the Note.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

And you turned in a device for the $300 credit?

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

The recall of the Note 7 has us concerned as well, mjstaffo. Your safety is important to us and I highly recommend the selection of a device we currently have available through www.vzw.com/smartphones . We are not currently offering a temporary phone since the option is available to select from any currently offered device. Any news about the V20 will be updated through our website as details emerge http://www.verizon.com/about/news/lg-v20-coming-verizon-lte-advanced .  In order to ensure you receive the trade-in promotional credit for your replacement device, please visit the store www.vzw.com/stores directly for the immediate exchange and to carry over the credit. Samsung has been partnering with multiple retailers, so please return the charger you purchases at Best Buy to a Best Buy location to confirm your options through that location. There’s more about the Note 7 recall available at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LatoyaH
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can call Samsung and they will send you a check within 2 weeks for any Note 7 assessories.   Get a pen to write down the email where u I'll send your receipts.   If u can't find your receipts they will work with you.

0 Likes
LatoyaH
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to pay $343 for my Google Pixel XL swap.  Verizon still have my $300 I paid for the Note smh

0 Likes