Note 7 recall
enosbish

I have been to the Verizon store twice since the announcement of the recall.  The first time I was told that it's not really an issue as very few phones have exploded, and I should wait to see what happens; chances are slim that the same will happen to my phone.  Otherwise, I can come back and see about getting the iPhone7 when it releases.   I actually am happy with the Note 7, and decided to charge it in the sink or other non flammable devices.  That is, until the news reports today where the FAA and news agencies, as well as Samsung.com, say to turn off the phone completely.  The Samsung website states you can obtain, through your provider, a loaner s7 until the replacement Note 7 comes in.  So, I asked my boss, who is an attorney, what he thought, and he felt that based upon the recent notifications from Samsung and news agencies, if I continued to wait to exchange, and my phone blew up in the interim, i could be found negligent/responsible for the outcome.  So I went back to the Verizon store tonight, and was faced with a fast talking, speech memorized sales gal who said I either get a different phone or wait until the end of the month which is the deadline for waiver of the restocking fee.  I told her I want to get a Note7 replacement, and wanted to see about getting a loaner phone, as per the Samsung website, and she kept ignoring the question and repeating that she doesn't know when the new Note7's will arrive; that I just need to wait till the end of the month and see what happens.  So, I am frustrated!  I exchanged my old phone.  I can only receive a free restocking fee untill the end of the September (now only a couple weeks away); however, the phone has been recalled, you can't use it on an airplane, and the government and Samsung are recommending to turn it off!  Does anyone have information on how to obtain a loaner phone, as promised by Samsung?  And why is Verizon only honoring refunds of restocking fees through the end of September when the phone is recalled and they will not or can not provide the customer with an equivalent replacement?  I don't typically complain in a forum like this, and understand that Verizon may not have the information they need from Samsung to answer my questions, but they should acknowledge as such, and not give me the used car sales pitch that I have received.  After tonight, I feel as though Verizon is hiding something.  I work for a large corporation myself, and premiere customer service is not our goal, but a requirement of the job.  So I am more than disappointed with the lack of honesty from Verizon in this situation.

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 recall
DRQUEEN22

Same problem here they just don't seem to care at all, no matter who you call.   I'm getting the same. No answers and no help@

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 recall
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We regret to see that you have not received the information you were looking for regarding this massive recall. We tried to relay the information as soon as we received if from Samsung as far as how we needed to proceed.

On Sept. 9, 2016, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a statement “urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device.”  As soon as the CPSC determines whether a replacement Galaxy Note7 is an acceptable remedy to provide to consumers and Samsung provides us with sufficient inventory to satisfy all prior Galaxy Note7 purchases, we will notify customers.

The new devices have been available since 9/21/2016 so you can exchange or return your Note 7 to the original place of purchase.

Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes