Note 7 replacement not available at Sams Club
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

So much for the 9/21 availability.  I just spoke to the rep at my Sams Club where I purchased the Note 7.  He said that the Samsung rep said they should be availble next Wednesday (9/28).  Chatting with the Verizon rep she said they are available in the Verizon store but I will need to wait for Sams (or somehow go directly to Samsung).

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 replacement not available at Sams Club
christopherm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Marcx,

We know how important this recall has been for all of us. While we are unable to comment about the availability of stock at a non-Verizon Wireless location, we can confirm once they are available you will be able to exchange your Galaxy Note 7 for a replacement. If you had purchased your phone from this retailer, you will need to exchange it through them when replacements become available.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Samsung press release should have been more complete in the time frame replacement estimate.  And, the Verizon chat rep should know that the replacements are not really available everywhere right now as she stated yesterday.

0 Likes
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to Sams Club where I purchased the original Note 7.  Of course they didn't have any but worse yet they had no idea when they would get them.  I decided to cut my loses and just return the Note 7.  I had already spent $25 on a case for the phone which I'll need to eat.  I'll use my old S4 for the time being.  I imagine it will be a nightmare clearing up billing for the returned device.

This is the second time Samsung burnt me.  Before, they sold me an $80 camera that could only be used  for a their smart TV.  Then they pulled the app that used the camera.

0 Likes