Note 7 swap hassle
CAROLMEREL

Hello,

I am a Note 7 owner, the 2nd device that was released that was supposed to be fixed.  I went onto Verizon to begin the swap process.  I selected the Pixel XL as my new device to swap to.  At the checkout it said I needed to pay $75 up front.  I didn't think that sounded right, I shouldn't be paying anything up front.  So I started a verizon Chat and they said I needed to pay the upgrade of $20 and tax which is where $75 came from.  I told them I don't think that is right that I had to pay that money for a device that could potentially kill me and others that this should be a free swap over assuming I am swapping to a phone that is of equal or lesser value in cost.  They said they couldn't do anything about that I would need to pay the upfront cost to trade in my Note 7.  That really made me mad and I closed the page out.  Is there a way to turn this device in and not have to pay additional money?  That doesn't seem right to me... I pay tax and upgrade fees for both devices?!

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 swap hassle
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I read that after you trade in the Note 7, do the swap and pay the taxes on the new device, they will refund you the taxes you paid on the Note 7. You will have to pay the price difference in phones, which I'm sure isn't shocking. Verizon pays sales taxes to the state so they have to collect and show accurate accountability.

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 swap hassle
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us, CAROLMEREL. Your safety is a top priority to us and we definitely want to make sure all charges are understood with your upgrade. When you exchange for a new device, you would be billed for the taxes on the device up front on the new phone. Once your original phone is returned, you will receive credit for any taxes billed on the original phone. There is normally a restocking fee of $35.00 to exchange, but this is being waived due to the circumstances. You can learn more here about exchanges, https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/footer/returnProcedure.jsp. We hope this clears up any concerns you had with charges.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes