Note 7
ERISMI73

I have the replacement note 7, and there are no phones out there now that i want, we have s7 edges,iphones and the last thing i wanna do is buy another phone full retail price fof something i already got..So what will happen if i decide to just keep my note 7 and take my chances??

0 Likes
Re: Note 7
Weth
Legend

You will get no updates, no support, no warranty service, and no trade value.  Verizon or Samsung could at anytime send a code to disable the phone. If something happens and the phone causes property damage or personal injury or death you will be held legally responsible, both civil and potentially criminal liability.  You cannot take your phone on a plane, even in powered down mode, as it is now illegal as a recalled dangerous device. You risk it being confiscated at the bag check/ X-ray machine.  You have a worthless phone full of liability. 

tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

None of this is actually true...yet. Until Verizon confirms any of this......I will be keeping the phone that I signed a contract to Verizon for.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What part did I say is not true?  You are fooling yourself. 

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing you said was true. Verizon/Samsung hasn't confirmed anything you are saying

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Sure they did.  Note 7 is full recall. Your only avenue of support is turning in the phone for reimbursement.  Warranty service - Send in the phone.  Updates, ya, they are going to spend resources doing updates on a line that was fully recalled.  Like I said you are dreaming. 

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

That also means that no matter how much time goes by, they have to honor a replacement for the recall (unless a time frame is given...which it hasn't as of now). So until then, keep your phone until something comparable comes out. I refuse to take a downgraded phone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Now you are the one making things up.  Certainly there will be a date announced that after that, no refund is given.  Don't spread false hope for something that is not advisable, smart, or going to happen. These phones have already burned in a plane.   It is unfathomable anyone would consider putting 500 people at risk just so they can keep a silly phone. 

0 Likes