Note 8 Not Annual Upgrade Eligible?
cwag

So says the app when I attempt to preorder, and so say 2 different reps.

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 Not Annual Upgrade Eligible?
bearone21
Legend

is your contract finished or are you trying to get the note8 while still under contract??

0 Likes
cwag

I have a phone that has a very small annual upgrade payoff amount (iPhone 7 plus). When trying to preorder, it gives me the option to pay this amount and upgrade, which I choose, and I then get a message that the new device is not part of the annual upgrade program. Two different reps also told me that the Note 8, whether I upgrade or buy on a new line, is not and will not be an eligible device.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
cehogan483
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think they are leaving it off the annual upgrade program because of the $480 trade in promo (which is a lame promo).  Look at the Samsung deal too...they will give you $300 trade in for your iPhone 7 and they will give it to you all up front unlike Verizon.  So if you paid Samsung the $40 you would pay Verizon each month, you will be close to paid off by next year for the next Note.

0 Likes
cwag

Well, none of that applies to me or anyone else attempting to use the benefits of early upgrade. In addition to new phone shopping, it looks like I should be shopping other carriers as well.

I did have a rep yesterday "assure" me that ALL of their newly released phones are eligible for the program. The ordering system still disagrees.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
IndiSquash
Enthusiast - Level 2

The rep who said ALL brand new releases are eligible needs to double check their information. The 50% Annual Upgrade comes and goes depending on what the carrier and the manufacturer work out together. At this time it is not eligible, but it could come in the future.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern with this program, Cwag. Currently the Samsung Galaxy Note8 does not have an annual upgrade option at this time. Our promotions are always changing and the program may be added to this device in the future.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cwag

Well, that's unfortunate. I see nothing has changed, and the guys on the phone vs. on the forums and even on the customer service chat are still all over the place with their answers.

0 Likes