Note 8 Unlocked
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung is offering a $425 trade in for my current S7 Edge (which I got when I had to turn in my Note 7). They've got an unlocked version, which according to Samsung support is an SD835 based phone just like the Verizon model, and so has full Verizon band compatibility. My question, will this phone work with Verizon if I just slip my S7E SIM into it? Verizon are kind of shady with compatible phones that aren't Verizon branded (as I found out with an Axon 7 I bought). Am I going to be constantly getting "Roaming" messages? I'd love to get a Note 8 without all the VZW bloat they load onto these phones that I then have to disable with Package Disabler Pro.

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 Unlocked
patfreak

I have the same question. I got my phone outside the US which is a dual sim phone. Similarities with the non-US phone and the Verizon network is the 4G TDD LTE - 4G TDD LTE: B38(2600), B39(1900), B40(2300), B41(2500)

What's missing though are the the following bands (4G FDD LTE) - 13,18,29,26

Not sure if these missing bands would make a dent on using the phone to VZW network but there's always a way to change networks. Smiley Happy

Link - Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950* Model Number Differences

0 Likes