Note 8 battery drain after September security update
IOSIFMIKEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since security update (which didn't bring super slow motion by the way VERIZON) battery has been draining SIGNIFICANTLY faster than normal, already have reset phone didn't help. Anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 battery drain after September security update
bearone21
Legend

check settings/notifications, you may be getting notifications on everything, select those you want.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bearone21, I depend on my device to stay charged. Updates are always meant to bring improvements. Currently, how often do you use your device

Heavy User
•Frequent use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
•Frequent use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
•Frequent web browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
•Frequent use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Moderate User
•Occasional, light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
•Occasional or light use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
•Occasional or light browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
•Occasional or light use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Light User
•Very light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
•Very light to no use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
•Very light to no browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
•Very light to no use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Can you run a device health check on your phone?

http://spr.ly/6586DNZOC

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

health check completed

only thing flagged:

i had 64+meg ached data....i clear data bi-weekly, what is it you're looking for in my doing this??

0 Likes
Omegia

Update to phone and now phone is issue not the update. My phone drains fast along with my son's phone which is same phone. This never happened till 2 updates ago and now my phone and sons drain fast. 

0 Likes
Omegia

Why do you insist on running this. Phone was fine till 2 updates ago now drains fast. Go back to old update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear your phone battery is not lasting since your update, Omegia. We definitely want to ensure you have a device you can rely on and would like to take a closer look into this. How many hours a day does the phone stay charged before the phone dies from no battery? What is the phone used for daily? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? Since the update have you updated all apps on the phone?  

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes