Re: Note 8 is not receiving all text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

noahthomas03,

I appreciate the additional details you provided about what's happening when you receive messages. Let's dive deeper into this. Have you tried to set your default messenger to Google Messenger and removed the other messaging apps? Are all apps updated?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
noahthomas03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have tried using Google Messenger as my default and disabling Messages+, that does nothing to solve the issue. All apps are updated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, thewagdy. We can definitely further troubleshoot the stock Messages app on your phone. Are you experiencing any trouble with making or receiving calls? You mentioned your wife is experiencing trouble as well. Are these separate messages that are not coming through or are you having trouble with group messages? When did you start experiencing an issue with receiving messages? Do you recall any changes on your devices just before this started?

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sammii_irene
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my Note 8. It seams random but I would say I am missing about 50% of my incoming messages. I am also using the Google/Android messages app. The fist time I know I missed a message for sure was last Sunday, 10/29.

It has happened in both individual conversations and group messages, texts and pictures. I am not having any other issues with the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that you receive all of your text messages, Sammi.irene. Thanks for all the details. Was there any changes with your device or service before this started on the 29th? Does this happen with multiple contacts, or only a specific contact?

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sammii_irene
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't made any changes to my service since I activated this phone and the issue has happened with multiple contacts. I don't know if it is an problem with Google messages or the Note 8 or Verizon service... I hope it isn't the message app, I finally found one that I like after trying the Samsung default and the Message+ app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details Sammii.irene. Let's continue working towards a resolution. Have you checked the default and Message + app to see if the missing messages are showing up there? This will help us in determining if the issue is with the app you are using or if it is a text messaging issue.

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
noahthomas03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would appreciate an actual response to my issue. I am glad others are finding help on my thread, but troubleshooting the issue with 6 different people at the same time is hardly efficient. How about some actual -help instead of these cookie cutter responses? This is an ever-increasing time-sensitive issue, as I am missing messages every single day.

Sammii_irene
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree... I only added my information to help troubleshoot the problem as a whole. Asking us all for the same details isn't going to solve the problem. There is obviously something going on. What can Verizon do to fix this?

And no, the messages do not show in any message app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this and make sure you receive all texts. I have sent a direct message to noahthomas03, thewagdy, and Sammii.irene to lift this to our network team. Please reply to my direct message so I can continue to assist.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes