Note 8 new error message, "Wi-Fi Tips keeps stopping"
videobear1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the last update, I am getting the above error message over and over.  The app "Wi-Fi Tips" does not appear on my apps pages, I did not install it, and while it appears in Settings/Apps, it cannot be force stopped, or uninstalled.

How can I stop these annoying pop-ups?

Labels (1)
Re: Note 8 new error message, "Wi-Fi Tips keeps stopping"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

videobear1, we can imaging how this can be a nuisance. We were not able to view the image that you referenced. Are you able to provided a screenshot as to allow us a better understanding of what you are seeing?

0 Likes
videobear1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sure!  Here are a couple.  Note that the pop up seems to occur at random, not when I am doing any particular thing.

Besides the Android OS update, the only other thing that has changed recently is that we upgraded our Verizon FIOS internet to 1000 Mbps and are using the newer high speed Verizon router.

I also include a screenshot showing what App Info says about this app.

Screenshot_20200812-144128_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200812-143829_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200812-144115_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
CON6642
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact issue with my Note 8 ever since the update. It is incredibly annoying. 

Screenshot_20200813-094052_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried selecting the Force Stop option?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CON6642,

I rely on my device every day and would be concerned too if I were having any issues with it. When this error message appears, are you unable to connect to Wi-Fi? If you press "Close App", does it go away? Have you restarted your phone since installing the update from Samsung?

-ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
BitDreamer

This error was also posted on the Samsung Community https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note8/wifi-tips-app/td-p/1370532

If that link doesn't go through, it's us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note8/wifi-tips-app/td-p/1370532

I responded there:  Yes, I've been having that problem occasionally for a couple of days, maybe since Thursday.

Today I was on a road trip going, on the road for 6 or 7 hours, and this error popped up 5 or 6 times.  Funny thing, most of the time on this road trip I was actually on the road, nowhere near any wifi spots.

No real answers yet.  I really need to make time to move everything over to the S20+ sitting on my deks for TWO WEEKS NOW.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to assist you as much as possible, BitDreamer. I see that your post is from a couple of days ago and you mentioned that you were about to move everything to a new phone. Do you still need assistance with your Note 8?

You can find many ways to transfer content to your new phone at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/content-transfer-help/). How does this sound?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
CON6642
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone, I finally found an answer that stopped the error message..

Thanks to this link.. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note8/Wi-Fi-tips-keep-s-stopping/td-p/1360902#

Settings > Apps > click on the Wi-Fi Tips app > click the 3 dots at the top right corner, "Uninstall Update" 

The error message has stopped and I haven't noticed any issues from it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome!  We are so happy to hear that.  It’s our goal to make sure all your questions are answered and all your issues are resolved.  Is there anything else that we can assist you with?

0 Likes