Note 8 new update wireless charging
nwjedidave

with the last update when my note 8 is on the pad charger (wireless) instead of getting my "always on display" I have a black screen with a white stripe across the bottom with the three short cuts. Since use my A.O.D. for a clock at night it makes the corner of the room REALLY bright.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix to get my display back? 

Using the power on key to get back to my locked screen won't jar it back as it reverts back to the all black screen with the white stripe at the bottom.  *sigh*

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 8 new update wireless charging
bearone21
Legend

is it charging? have you re-booted? 

when you select aod, you need to live with the light it gives off.

0 Likes
nwjedidave

Yes it's charging. I always ran the AOD before with no problems. Now there is no AOD but just a black "screen" with a white bar across the bottom where the home, back and minimize buttons are.

0 Likes
nwjedidave

sorry, and yes, rebooted.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sorry it didn't work.

i personally have another clock across the room & don't rely on the phone as a clock.

i also don't leave it on the wireless charger all night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how this can be a concern, nwjedidave. The device can put off a very bright light in a dark room. I want to make sure that we get your device back to normal. You stated that this started to happen once the new software was downloaded to the phone. Does this black screen with the white bar show up if you have it charging on a cord (instead of the wireless charger)?  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes