Note 8 no voicemail waiting on phone icon
MONMAR55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a note 8 and have been trying to get it set up for voicemail notifications.  All I'm looking for is the number next to the green phone icon.  I'm not looking to change to visual etc... or have a red voicemail icon.    I am set-up with basic voicemail.  I've chatted with Verizon reps three times and am kept hanging, then given instructions to change notification by the follow:

pin#

press 4

then press 1....... there is no option to press 1 and it will not accept it.

I haven't read or spoken to anyone who knows what to do.  My husbands note 8 has this notification so I know it exists still.  We've tried to get our phones set up the same.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this notification back?

Appreciate any help.

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 no voicemail waiting on phone icon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing when you have a message is key, MONMAR55. We want to ensure you get the proper notifications. Has this ever worked on your Note 8? Are callers still able to leave you messages? We just want to be sure the calls are still being routed to your voicemail box as well.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MONMAR55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not on the note 8. The messages are there, just not the number by the phone icon letting me know they are there. My husband note 8 does get the number notification next to the phone icon.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MONMAR55, we want you to see the amount of voicemails you may have on your phone. Since you noticed this issue have you tried resetting the voicemail app? Here is a link with steps on how to reset an app http://vz.to/2fdb2Aa

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MONMAR55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did.  It was one of the recommendations.  It didnt work though. Please continue to help me with this.  I really love this phone and the service, except this on issue of not seeing when i have a voice message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MONMAR55,

We will never stop helping you and we'll definitely keep working on this with you. Let's ensure the notifications are allowed for the application. To do so please go into Settings, Apps, App Manager, locate the Phone application and if you open Notifications is the app set to Allow Notifications?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jannster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got an unlocked Note 8 for Christmas and had the same problem.   I found a similar thread and followed these instructions and now it works perfectly:

7.  Re: No voicemail notification

BosnMate Contributor

You can also do it yourself from My Verizon. Log into your Verizon account on the pc, on the My Verizon page, select the phone you're trying to fix. Then under "My Plans & Services", select "Blocks". On that page, expand "Block Services", There are 2 entries, "Block Premium Visual Voice Mail" and "Block Visual Voicemail" I turned both on. Logged out, restarted my S8+, called it from the other phone, left a voicemail, and less than 5 second later, I got the notification sound, vibration, and the voicemail icon in the status bar.

JASRED93

I bought the Note 8 1 month ago and my voice mail icon is gone.  I can't find it in the app manager, nothing.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JASRED93,

Voice Mail is a great feature to have, so let's check that out. Are you referring to the Visual Voice Mail? Look for a folder called "Verizon" on the phone and let us know if it's in there, but you should also see an option at the top of your App menu (above where all the icons and other folders are at) where you can search the phone itself. Type in "Voicemail" and see if you can find it that way.

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATGOL31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same problem. After months, found my problem: I had installed a cleaning app that was to clean unwanted items on my phone - even notifications. What it did was prevent my voicemail notification icon from showing I had voicemails. Since uninstalling this app, my voicemail notification is now working. Simple solution yet none of the techs were able to help.