Note 8 video flip
DORMAJ86

I am trying to film a video using my Note 8.  I have filmed it at least 8 times now.  I am filming it in a horizontal format.  I am holding the phone horizontally!!!  When I am finished it flips to vertical.  I am extremely frustrated.  I couple of times I did a test and it worked fine. When I did the real film it flipped.  WHY?  Can anyone tell me please?   I've never had this happen before. Help, please help!

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 video flip
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Device concerns are not what we want for you. Allow me to help you move forward. How are you replaying the video (computer, phone, etc...)? Can you provide us with a screenshot or picture of the horizontal format when your recording and the vertical version when you play the recording back? 

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 video flip
DORMAJ86

Ok here are some further details.  I am shooting video.  On my cell phone I turn on the camera.  I then turn the phone to the left to put it in a horizontal format.  After shooting the video it is saved on my phone sometimes horizontally sometimes vertical.  I can flip the video if I am just watching it from my phone but I am trying to retrieve it from my Google cloud onto my P.C.  It ends up un-usable because it saves to the cloud in the wrong format. 

I am attaching screen shots of my phone gallery and my google photos cloud.  I hope it shows you what you need to understand my problem.  I hope I am just incompetent and you get a good laugh so long as I get this fixed.  : ) 

I should mention that I am shooting pointing the camera towards the ground.  Although the out come is sometimes correct and sometimes not so I should think it has no overall bearing.  video phone side by side.jpgvideo flip ed.jpg

0 Likes